Stopping paper statements from Sparkasse

36 posts in this topic

Hello, is it true that if you download your statements every month from Sparkasse, then they won't send you paper statements? This is actually what I want. I do everything online. I'm with Berliner Sparkasse.

Of course I should just phone them up and ask them, but it seems they don't offer phone banking by default. Weird.

You've missed my point. You can't get information from them without a telephone banking PIN, and they don't issue one by default.

yep, if you download them you won't get a paper statement. When they send you a paper statement it cost 4 Euros.

You can download your statement on line or you can go into one of the banking sites.

Yes, it's true. Whenever you like of course, doesn't have to be monthly. You can also print statements yourself at an Sparkasse branch of course.

Last time I had a paper statement it cost me 70 cents. So that seems to vary for whatever reason.

On telephone banking, I just call my branch or email them (either directly or via the contact form on the website). That's how I get information and transact if I have to. It's good old-fashioned direct contact with a manager or adviser, not a call centre.

Online banking is so much easier for everything. To get statements online, you need to activate it using your PIN-TAN number, in couple of days it will be activated. I really love this way, as one can store statements in pdf format.

yep, if you download them you won't get a paper statement. When they send you a paper statement it cost 4 Euros.

You can download your statement on line or you can go into one of the banking sites.

I was charged .55 cents in bremen...

Or just keep your receipts for the stuff you will claim of taxes.

Great for most expenses, of course, but Health Insurance providers (for example) often don't give receipts. A contract alone isn't good enough as the Finanzamt will want to see proof of payment.

I'm not with Sparkasse, but have the same problem with my bank: if I don't download my statements online, they automatically send me a paper. Is it something required by law? Can I refuse from these monthly statements? I don't have any reason to recieve this shit in XXIst century: I have online banking and can see my Umsätze at any time.

In addition to what I wrote earlier about the direct contact that I do, I've just come across my account brochure. It says there is (at least at my Sparkasse) "Telefon-Banking" for most standard accounts.

It's written as if you might only want to use it if you don't have a PC for on-line though. So it could possibly be just what I already said.

I will be at Sparkasse first thing on Monday asking why do I have to pay 4 Euros.

Nope, my account has never been in a negative. It's their policy to charge 4 euros for mailing a statement.

Sometimes life goes by so fast I forget to get it online or drop by the sparkasse near my house to get it.

Well, my Sparkasse - Hamburger Sparkasse - had their issues at the beginning of the month. They changed their EDV system, which meant nothing happened from 1st to 4th July...which actually meant NO bookings from the account happened...which meant the rent and insurances etc, didn´t happen , which means the Genossenschaft and insurances etc didn´t get their money..which meant I got letters with their Mahngebühren..which meant the bank should have written to them and only partially did. Which meant...oh dear...

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.