Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Adult chat - for discussions of an adult nature

64 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, lisa13 said:

it was not that racy.  actually pretty tame.  the "worst" photos were on the camel toe thread :) 

I miss it actually, as it was one of the only areas of the site, aside from an occasional judgy interloper, that was drama free and even included some interesting and frank discussions

2 hours ago, tor said:

I started 2 adult chat threads, but 'someone' deleted them.

Tor, that's because you started them in the public area... and the restricted area where you should have posted them is gone... Catch 22. *deep sigh*

4 hours ago, lisa13 said:

it was not that racy.  actually pretty tame.  the "worst" photos were on the camel toe thread :) 

I miss it actually, as it was one of the only areas of the site, aside from an occasional judgy interloper, that was drama free and even included some interesting and frank discussions

2 hours ago, tor said:

I started 2 adult chat threads, but 'someone' deleted them.

Tor, that's because you started them in the public area... and the restricted area where you should have posted them is gone... Catch 22. *deep sigh*

I don't think I have the standing to do so, but maybe somebody could petition TPTB to bring the Adult Area back?

8 hours ago, lisa13 said:

Exactly! 

27 minutes ago, marie-claire said:

Exactly! 

right?

I swear it was one of the most respectful areas on the site.  you could be stupid or serious and there was just a lot of space for both.  I daresay there was even space to be a bit vulnerable?  on par, less misogyny too, strangely enough.  on the rare occasion someone got out of line they usually got slapped down, fast.

I REALLY miss that.  I mean...the short-lived advice column was a modern masterpiece...we came up with the most ridiculous scenarios, maybe with a small grain of truth (I think one was actually serious) and he answered them - against expectations of most, I imagine - as if they were serious, with aplomb and even...wisdom?   I learned some very interesting things!

fuuuuuck.  Now I'm sad :(  you can't recreate that. even if they brought it back, it's over.  Cherry popped.

RIP adult chat.

23 hours ago, Metall said:

Tor, that's because you started them in the public area...

nope, I started them in the supporter's section. i started a G rated one in the regular forum.

On 9/8/2019, 10:02:10, Metall said:

IIRC, the Adult Section was a casualty of the Great Forum Upgrade.

NO.

The Minister of Disinformation strikes again.  Literally every single one of your theories about "TPTB" have been WRONG.  You are so exasperating, honestly.  You just can't help yourself even though you are ALWAYS! wrong.  Like, seriously, fucking stop.  You are embarrassing yourself.

EB took down the section long after the forum "upgrade", that had nothing to do with it.  From one day to the next.

Removal of any adult related threads started after that was done by "someone" obviously, but their name isn't dessa.

On 9/8/2019, 12:26:08, fraufruit said:

It could have something to do with advertisers. 

It would be my guess too.  However, it's his forum, bitches, so when he says, "we don't need Adult Chat anymore" then you just say, "OK."

53 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

However, it's his forum, bitches, so when he says, "we don't need Adult Chat anymore" then you just say, "OK."

or some may react with "fuck off"

good lord - the arrogance is pretty funny considering how much site participation has dwindled in the last year alone.

whatevs to you bitches, too

Cool! Are we allowed to use the word "bitches"? I do know Joe Rogan introduces his show with that comment "What's up bitches?". 

As a member of the Bitch Preservation Society I demand justice for this oppressed minority.

13 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Cool! Are we allowed to use the word "bitches"? I do know Joe Rogan introduces his show with that comment "What's up bitches?". 

As a member of the Bitch Preservation Society I demand justice for this oppressed minority.

You can even have a profile picture with it on :o

This seems necessary. Some people don't get the meaning of the word in the American idiom. Glad to help.

20 hours ago, lisa13 said:

... considering how much site participation has dwindled in the last year alone.

Well, we certainly know reason the for that.

16 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

I said Biiiiiiitch

Love that sketch! It's my favorite K&P bit after Luther the Anger Translator.

oh, jesus.  I thought most of you had been around long enough to get the reference?

"It's still my forum, bitches" is a direct EB quote.  His words, not mine.  I dunno how many years ago, in reference to something or other after the merge with The Yokel.  Was repeated by many and tossed around so much at the time that it was basically the forum meme.  Was meant tongue-in-cheek at the time and was taken that way as well.

had wondered if I was going to have to do a disclaimer, maybe I should have done.

Must hark back to the era of Sacha Baron Cohen and Ali G. Think he referred to his woman as "me bitch". Then it was funny. But taken out of that context...  blimey, yeah, I have been around that long.