Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Adult chat - for discussions of an adult nature

64 posts in this topic

By popular demand, we now have a new forum section called Adult chat.

This is a private section dedicated to discussions of an adult nature.

To gain access, please click the opt in button. You can opt out again at any time.

If one subscribes to the forum, will new new posts appear when the "View New Posts" link is hit or does the forum constantly have to be checked?

Is there a generally visible link to get to the optional forums sign-up page? Your link is the first I saw of it.

Love,

The ACFAD (Adult Chat Forum Agony Doggie)

woof.

@EB: am I guessing it right that you don't want minors to read such stuff that's why an adult section BUT then do you have an "above 18-years-old" check when people register a handle on TT? So, anyone under 18 can still sign up and read adults' stuff anyway? If you are not concerned about the under-18s, because people on TTs are adults anyway, then I wonder the necessity to class an adult section :blink:

But of course EB I am not against setting up a new classification. Just curious as always :)

@Topsy, I'm sure many are... but I know plenty of people who will crack the nastiest jokes with the rest of us "non-prudes", and still wouldn't want a bunch of kinky topics to always pop up in their "new posts" view.

That said, I am off to sign up... ;)

I am deeply offended by such a category. I thought this forum was for clean minded people like me and now I have to deal with all this x-rated stuff. Have you people no morals?

Not a bad idea in itself. My only reservation would be that issues which touch on sexuality in the broadest sense might be "deported" to that forum. Sorry if I bang the drum too much, but I'd hope threads like "where are the gay bars in Munich", "where can I get advice on syphilis in Munich" etc etc stay in the "normal forums".

Fancy a shag? ;)

So call me a prude, but this is fine by me. I don't much care for those kinds of threads and will be happy to have them tucked away where I don't have to see them.

Topsy, I'm far from a prude but then again, reading about other people's sex lives online isn't really that interesting to me. Now if they want to tell me all their darkest, grubby secrets (the muckier the better) over a pint or several, that's a different thing entirely... ;)

For me its not a matter of prudishness. Though I admit to being both a prude and sometimes annoyed, amused, and/or enlightened by those threads. I thought cottaging meant some form of nice holiday in the mountains for example, though now i have a weird association between cottaging ang cottage pie. Seriously.

I look at TT in two ways: a place to hang out, and Editor Bobs business. I mean its his livelihood and he has to organise the place in whatever way he thinks is most attractive to the KIND of users that attract the MOST LIKELY advertisers.

Call me a corporate hack but its primarily the ad revenues that allow Bob to eat, drink, pimp & hustle, oh and keep the lights on around here without charging user fees.

To Monktown's point, bars (gay or not) and English speaking (VD) doctors for example make fine ad targets and shouldn't be buried away. If the conversations in adult chat end up attracting a lucrative user and advert base then hell, I'm sure Bob can reconfigure to the forum's advantage.

:)

i'm just interested to see where the line is drawn...

so far my understanding is that anal sex goes into adult chat, but gay sex goes into life in munich - well, what would Mary Whitehouse say?

...but perhaps i'm just being disingenuous :P

I'm surprised that this new sub-forum isn't awash with new topics already. Tis a slow day when TT doesn't want to talk about sex... ;)

After looking at the preview I'm waiting for the day when the tagline reads:

"Toytown Munich - more swingers than an enclosure of monkeys."

So will the moderators move stuff into the "shagging" forum from elsewhere if the conversation gets too steamy?

And what kind of level will be allowed in other fora?

Like you can see a woman's naked breast in the papers or on TV here but it casues a furore in the USA (see Superbowl).

>> By popular demand...

Wow, popular, huh? :o

Fantastic work though, Bob. Now if you can just limit the subscribers to that forum so's they can't post anywhere else, all will be nice 'n tidy like the (g)olden days.