Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I am... so bored...

54 posts in this topic

Kreuzberg must have changed a lot since I lived there if you are bored. Milchbar, Franken or failing that that weird front-room-cum-bar on Manteuffel Str. with home made hooch on the counter

Do you like animals? Why not go and volunteer at the Berlin Animal Shelter. They are always looking for people to help out, especially with the cats and dogs.

Would also be an opportunity to meet a few new people while avoiding most of those "Stephens". And the animals won't care if your German isn't perfect. ;)

Okay bus coming soon got to go

I think there's a movie about that. It's called "The short bus"... :P

I am... so bored. Anyone have any advice?

I'm so glad you corrected that in the quote below. I get a real bee in my bonnet about people that moan about being "bored". As a friend of mine once said, the only people who get bored are, in general, boring people.

And I certainly don't want to sound like I have a defeatist attitude either. I'm certainly not going to confine myself to my flat for the rest of the week. So, I guess posting "I am so bored" was the wrong way about going about things. That's just what came to my mind at first.

There's so much to do and see in Berlin. In fact, if your German is up to snuff, go stake out some neighborhood bars and get to know the locals. If you get to know anyone who's been in Berlin for more than 20 years, I'd guarantee they'd have something interesting to tell you about.

You can't just sit back and expect the adventure to come to you, chuck. You have to go out and find it. ;)

Well, I'm not bored. Must be something wrong with me. Time to see my shrink methinks. :blink:

I wouldn't mind meeting up either...I've only been in Berlin two weeks so I don't have any friends just yet. I've organised to do some sports after work, but this weekend was quiet lol. I went out to do some shopping at the flea market for fun but I kinda ran away after a teenage boy asked me out on a date (awkward!) and ended up spending too much money at Alexis instead. Also anyone interested in doing trapeze classes? Its 40 Euro but we can have up to 4 people making it only 10 euro each - Friday after 6pm? Could be fun :D

Hmmm It wont let me message you cocobean. But I said:

So coffee (well I'll have tea or something because I'm one of those weird people that doesn't like the taste of it) this week? I can do Thursday evening this week - that's it. My Fiance is visiting me this weekend (16th/17th) but he heads back to New Zealand on the following weekend. I'll be very keen to meet up (maybe go to one of the Sunday markets?) that weekend so I don't mope around lol. Any other peeps would be welcome of course :D

wow greenface222..that is a tad mellow dramatic..hahaha..anywho scienticgirl..that sounds good..only thing is thursday im goin to watch the new harry potter movie(yes im one of those ppl..hehe)..so if we meet up it wud have to be at like 2 or so?? and it just turns out the next weekend after ur fiance has left i wont be in town but im soo down to doin a fleamarket wen im back..mauerpark is pretty cool ^^

I'm one of those people too :D . Flea market when you're back then (as I'll be working until 5pm or so on Thursday) - sounds excellent. I sent you an email so hope it went through properly.