Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Swing Dancing in München

6 posts in this topic

Would you like to come and learn to Swing dance, with the lesson spoken in English? Then come along to Gräfelfinger Str 53, close to the U6 Haderner Stern. They give a fun sample class at 7pm for 30min or a Beginners class at 7.30pm on Tuesdays. :D

It helps to bring one, as there are normally more women than men in a class. And some water as you will work up a thirst.

Cost? Also, is this a sort of conveyor belt set up where the fellas stand still and the lasses work their way from partner to partner? I should maybe rephrase that last bit. But I won't.:-)

I've never seen it as a conveyor belt set up.But I do see your point. Some times the men are put on the conveyor belt, but it works better when the women do it. Probably because they are smarter than the men. I like the system for couple of reasons. As a single showing up new to the group, it's a way to meet the group and not be left out. Any type of dance class will always have an inbalance of leads and followers and the rotation method allows for every one to have a dance. In a social class there will always be one person that you really just dont want to be stuck with. So spending a few minutes with that person and then moving on has to be better than being stuck with he/she for an hour.

Lindy Hop has always been a fun thing for me. The people have such varied ages and backgrounds, but come together just to have a dance. So far for me no matter which country I've danced in, I've felt welcomed and made some lasting friendships. I hope you can a dance that makes you happy also.