Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Photoshopped into the Third Reich

29 posts in this topic

I've been playing around with Photoshop after taking my Grade 11s to Berlin, and have been practicing merging then-and-now photos to put the history into some kind of context. Especially in Munich, the "City of the Movement", the history is there for all to see but we often walk past without recognising it. Here are a few I've done of Munich; you can check out more at my site www.tracesofevil.com.

post-113143-13098614581168.jpg

post-113143-13098614784902.jpg

post-113143-13098615364468.jpg

Ah, I don't know, I wouldn't go as far as to call it "trouble" I think it's quite enjoyable to actually create your own photos.

Love the idea though

Love the idea though

So have others who have done the same thing.

Not a new concept but certainly interesting. Definitely worth pursuing and practicing. You'll learn all about using Photoshop's transformation tools quickly,

woof.

Have you seen the site "Third Reich in Ruins"?

If you could have him holding and petting a cat, even better. :)

Or on a hot day such as this, Hitler enjoying a slice of watermelon?

*Dammit, the .gif works in the preview, but not in the actual post it seems. Sigh.*

hitler-watermelon.gif?t=1242073651

isn't this potentially illegal here in Germany; posting pics of Addi?

the Satsi are prob watching this thread and checking your IP addresses as you type.

isn't this potentially illegal here in Germany; posting pics of Addi?the Satsi are prob watching this thread and checking your IP addresses as you type.

Welcome to the club. Perks of the club include paranoia, looking over the shoulder,looking in shop windows to see the reflection of people watching you. Courtesy of the VS who should really do dealing with enemies of democracy rather than hassling historians and/or folk playing with Photoshop. It's fab being on the list.

Just remember that it was not a Brit, Canuck, or Amis who gave this fella the inch that he needed.

BadDoggie- That link you gave was great!

Someone very thoughtfully sent me a personal message suggesting that I reiterate that in no way is this thread condoning, or promoting the Nazis, nor is it seeking to incite. This is one of the areas I teach and find this a useful tool to put the era into context for students.

I have a question- Does anyone know if the plaque to the four policemen killed during the Munich putsch has been removed in front of the Feldherrnhalle? It was there at least at the beginning of the year. If so, why?

post-113143-13101912476141.jpg

post-113143-13101912568823.jpg