How strict is Ryanair with onboard luggage size?

67 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

They are your cousins and other innbreeders from your family.

:lol:

10 hours ago, Prosie said:

As I understand it you can still take two pieces of hand luggage even without booking priority, it's just that one of them has to go in the hold. That's what your link says, and that's also what it says on Ryanair's site https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage/What-cabin-baggage-can-I-carry

That's what I thought, having read the link and knowing that my daughter did that. But when I printed out my non-priority boarding pass it said quite clearly, with a picture of a woman and one bag, and a bold red cross, that I can only take one small piece of cabin baggage. And below that, a picture of a woman with two pieces and a bold green cross saying that for two  pieces you need priority. That's why I said it's confusing, and also contradictory.  I guess deliberately so, so that more people book priority. I didn't want to take the risk. 

2 hours ago, arunadasi said:

That's what I thought, having read the link and knowing that my daughter did that. But when I printed out my non-priority boarding pass it said quite clearly, with a picture of a woman and one bag, and a bold red cross, that I can only take one small piece of cabin baggage. And below that, a picture of a woman with two pieces and a bold green cross saying that for two  pieces you need priority. That's why I said it's confusing, and also contradictory.  I guess deliberately so, so that more people book priority. I didn't want to take the risk. 

I flew with Ryanair this month:

Priority= Board First and 2 pieces hand luggage that you can take on the plane.

Non-Priority = Board last and 2 pieces hand luggage.  The small one you can take on  the plane.  The other is tagged and put in the hold just before you board.  

The advantage of priority is that you can immediately exit the airport at your destination.

Non-priority you have to wait to pick your second piece of luggage up from the baggage carousal at your destination.

Hope this helps.

On 2/26/2018, 5:42:15, arunadasi said:

Flying Ryanair next year to Barcelona so been quite a few years since I've flown with them and my oh my things have changed. A friend suggested when travelling as a couple to combine a cheap and a premium ticket. You get the extra carry-on while saving money. One thing to be aware of is Ryanair uses slightly smaller dimensions for carry-on so you can't use the standard size bag. I'm sure they make a ton of money off of this one.

One thing hasn't changed and non EU passport holders can't check in online they have to print the boarding pass and have it stamped or something to that effect. Which is a real pain because it means getting there early standing in line etc. 

What ever happens.. you have to stand in line with them...

Lets face it.. its a fecking good job that they make money on it... if they didnt, then the flights wouldnt be profitable and they head the same way as AirBerlin an "V" etc etc...

5 hours ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

You get the extra carry-on while saving money.

Save money in comparison to what? The premium (plus) ticket includes a checked in bag, second carry on, priority and reserved  standard seat. If you were going to buy all those things anyway you save a couple of euros.

If you just need the second carry on and don't need to check in any luggage you can buy priority and 2nd bag.

On 11/8/2018, 4:10:57, msam said:

Save money in comparison to what? The premium (plus) ticket includes a checked in bag, second carry on, priority and reserved  standard seat. If you were going to buy all those things anyway you save a couple of euros.

If you just need the second carry on and don't need to check in any luggage you can buy priority and 2nd bag.

Ended up booking with Luftansa price was similar (+ 50€ for a checked bag) and we got a better selection of flight times. big advantage to Lufthansa we can use normal carryon.