Movie sequels & remakes better than the original

74 posts in this topic

Spielberg would take exception to the "smack that whiny blonde" he married her later

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Married her later? I knew she was his wife, I figured that was why she got the job.

"For a few Dollars more" is even better than "A Fistful of Dollars", and the "Good the Bad and the Ugly" is even better

Citizen Kane ll

Raging Bull ll

Schindler's List ll

Lawrence of Arabia ll

Cinema Paradiso ll

Romeo is Bleeding ll

All worth watching at least twice.

Not a sequel but a remake : Ocean 11 (2001) is much much better than the original (1960). Trust me, it is not worth seeing Clooney beats Sinatra by KO.

aliens

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What? You preferred the silly US boyz with their toys version (II) to the CLASSIC 1979 dripping walls and sense of dread and forboding? Or perhaps the "ooh isn't an English accent just sooooo classy" third version (altho John Hurt in I was one of the best parts of the film).

I can't imagine that you are referring to Alien vs Predator (IV)?

The first film is a design classic. Like an E-type, or Jaws.

Gids I had you as a deep-thinker. Pfah.

From Russia with Love ?

Thunderball ?

Goldfinger ?

and completely agree with The Empire Strikes Back. the best of all the star wars movies by a country mile

Every cinematic historian would argue otherwise, but I respect your views. Even if they are utterly wrong.

Edit: not to self. Stop sounding Welsh

I prefered Terminator 2 to the first one. Not that i didn't like Terminator, but the second was sooo much better. THe third one wasn't bad either.

Nicole, I thought the Ring 2 was scarier than the Ring, too. I had to hid behind my cardigan for most of it.

Alien - for the purists, if you could bottle the atmosphere in this film laxative companies would go out of business.

Aliens - I want guns, big guns, grenade launchers, sexy apc's, cool gunships and robot sentries. Serious case of the yeehaws but still an excellent film.

Alien3 - one for the shavenhead fetishists, very zen but in a dirty smelly uncomfortable kind of way. Scratchy clothing and dirty plastic sheeting are the true way, grasshoper. You not only may not leave the monastery, you can't even get off the planet. Nice tats though.

Alien - Resurrection. As a fee paying fully blessed member of COR© I watched this. It's good but IMHO the weakest of the four films. Love the nail varnish though.

Alien V's Predator - good idea, nice to see the Predators get the blades out but it could have been much much better.

A connoiseur on the genre. Excellent summary, I thank you Sah.

I actually loved all, even the last. But I really think that the first was true ground-breaking cinema. It must have been. It looks as good today (and as modern) as it did in 1979. THAT MUST BE THE SIGN OF A TRUE CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE!

God, discussing films is better than work.

God, discussing films is better than work.

You can say that again.

I've watched Alien about 17 times and I still finish the film hunched up :)

"Micro changes in air density, my ass. "

It looks as good today (and as modern) as it did in 1979.  THAT MUST BE THE SIGN OF A TRUE CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, and is also the case with Blade Runner. Both films are Ridley Scott in his finest hour...

I agree with all that has been said about the Aliens films - the first 3 all have a slightly different approach thanks to the varying directors (u can definitely tell that the David Fincher directed both Alien 3 and the film Seven for example), something which made the series genius. But the 4th one just sucked eggs I thought.