Indie Jam in Frankfurt?

28 posts in this topic

Hi!

I landed here in Frankfurt 8 months ago, after 5 great years in London (I'm French).

I enjoy mostly alternative/indie rock, play guitar (usually rhytm part) & sing and even have a spare amp...

As my communication skills in German are basically weak, I have found extremely challenging to properly post an advert on a German musicians website :(

If you are experimenting the same difficulties or simply want to play please PM me or reply there...

Cheers,

D

Well, I'm not a musician (I actually play guitar, but I'm definitely not good enough for playing in a band) but I just want to tell you that you won't have difficulties to find German musicians who are able to communicate in English.

If German is too challenging for you, just put a note (in English!) on the message board in university and I'm sure that almost everybody will understand what you want! Even if most of the Germans (including me) are not fluent or perfect in English, it will be enough for a jam session, I think. Music is a universal language anyway! :)

That's a fair point, I think I will have a look on the local Universities' forums too.

Well, I'm not a musician (I actually play guitar, but I'm definitely not good enough for playing in a band) but I just want to tell you that you won't have difficulties to find German musicians who are able to communicate in English.

Why do you think you couldn't play in a band? It's not about doing something complicated (like a 5 min solo), it's all about being able to "blend in"...

do you guys know any open mic nights that operate in frankfurt?

or any cool places to hang out?

my friend is there at the moment.

cheers

Greetings,

I've been living in Frankfurt since Jan.2011 and have also been interested in meeting up with some fellow musicians.

I used to play in a band back when I lived in Stuttgart but haven't really been playing for a couple of years now but it seems like we like the same genres of music so I'd be interesting in Jamming.

My music skills are weak .. but my enjoyment levels high so .. if interested, let me know!

Regards

Mark

Yeah, there aren't really any places that play 'decent' rock music and any indie alternative nights that I've attempted to go to have basically been very heavy rock. It must be an expat thing.

But I always wonder, if there are enough of us around, surely we can get something going...

If anyone does have any useful sites though, that offer nice events listings, please share :)

there are some irish pubs in Mainz and Wiesbaden, and also in Frankfurt I guess, there are open stages, they give the instruments (guitarres, drums, microphones...) you just go and play... :)

Hey D,

I was playing the bass for this band www.delightful.gr

By coincidence i found this post :)

It would be nice if we could jam somewhere around.

c ya

tataros

Hi!

I would be very interested in meeting up to do some indie rock jamming. I've been playing drums and singing in my band Bear Claw (from Chicago) for 10 years and after moving to Frankfurt in April I'm missing the rock thing quite a bit. You can check out my drumming style at Bear Claw's bandcamp page here if you're interested:

www.bearclaw.bandcamp.com

Drumming is my main deal but I also can play bass and guitar.

Also, if anyone wants to go see a rock show sometime and knows of a decent one going on please let me know and I'd be down for checking that out.

If there are any good open mic nights that would be cool too.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi

I m not sure how much i can contribute to the jamming part since I haven t yet tried playing in a band but I d love to be there when you meet. I m a reasonable keyboard player and i recently got into drumming. I'm really enthusiastic about it and would be great if I can catch some tips and tricks from the elder in the field :)

so yeah, still someone in for a indie session?!

live in frankfurt, play piano and guitar..

my songs ull find on www.facebook.com/casualfridayproject

NEED Drums, Base and Guitar too actually...

cheers,matt

UPDATE:

So now we have Singer - 2 guitars - drums, just the Bass is missing.

We have a room every week end equiped with Bass & Bass amplifier.

Anyone wanting to join the project?

Hi,

I would be interested. Please PM me. I talked to you once before about playing drums but I never got back to you. The reason is all of drum equipment is back in Chicago! I figured you'd need a person who had equipment. This is the guys from Chicago from the band Bear Claw that talked to you before.

I can play bass fairly decent and if you have an amp and a bass that would be all I need. What days are you planning on practicing and where is the jam spot? Please PM me the details.

Thanks,

Scott

Hello! :)

I'm a 22 yo female from Canada, moved here five months ago to work as an au pair, new to Toytown, and looking for friends!

I play guitar and sing. I would really really love to connect with some other people who like to play music. Used to host jams in Canada but now I'm all alone and feeling so music-deprived. Played a couple of live shows but definitely more into just hanging out and playing with friends.

Let me know if you're looking for someone to jam with!

Cheers,

Alana

Hello!

I'm a 22 yo female from Canada, moved here five months ago to work as an au pair, new to Toytown, and looking for friends!

I play guitar and sing. I would really really love to connect with some other people who like to play music. Used to host jams in Canada but now I'm all alone and feeling so music-deprived. Played a couple of live shows but definitely more into just hanging out and playing with friends.

Let me know if you're looking for someone to jam with!

Cheers,

Alana

Hi Everybody

My name is Isaac and I'm a 23 year old from France. I play guitar and Ukulele and I'd love to meet some fellow music lovers.

Peace,