How to get German boyfriend or girlfriend

106 posts in this topic

You know mix cultures can create better offspring... ^^

Is that is the only reason you want a boyfriend/girlfriend?

You should just start by saying "Hey, you know, mix cultures... usually means better offspring"

You'll do good with that.

With a name like Hard Man, I reckon he´s actually never had sex with a woman. His post is youthful bravado!

I dont have just looks I have an amazing personality...

Uh huh, but do you swallow?

Ooh, just noticed she doesn't like a good ribbing. T'was all in fun, Ms. hottie!

mlovett: be careful! Your post reminds me of a cheeky one-liner a man should never say to a woman on a first date: do you spit or swallow?!! I´m in trouble now....

John, a former boss had the hots for one of my friends (another scientist) and used to ask me all the time if she swallowed. :rolleyes: How the hell was I supposed to know?? She eventually told him to his face on campus: "only after chewing thoroughly." He was horrified that I had told her! Ijjit. :lol:

mlovett: be careful! Your post reminds me of a cheeky one-liner a man should never say to a woman on a first date: do you spit or swallow?!! I´m in trouble now....

john g!!! I'm speechless..... and you think you're boring. I'm thinking not..

Im the same kind of (modern) old fashioned as shggygrl. Real connection first and then sort out the practicalities. German Martian Glaswegian whats the difference? the main issue with anyone not from your own stomping grounds is some kind of an argument over your place or mine in the end.

Financial imbalance can be a serious problem though if not handled carefully and respectfully.

Id much rather eat noodles once a day under a tree with a real lover than walk on eggshells worrying about being appropriately grateful and attractive to a rich man with a paranoid mean streak.

(U huh but do you swallow? savagely appropriate mlovett

...only for love not for euros sunshine).

EDIT: that last was directed at a certain rich man I used to know, not anyone present

(U huh but do you swallow? savagely appropriate mlovett

I was just playing with her, figuring I'd get reds. I mean, clearly she thinks her scheit don't stink. I was just trying to pinpoint a flaw/ vulnerability. ;)

Doesn't matter, she's flounced already. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, my guess as to how to nab a German is to show a keen interest in their culture, and agree to learn the language. They love that.

The OP is in Jena. IIRC, the eastern part of the country is often characterized by somewhat unfavorable male/female ratios for young adults (unfavorable from the male perspective), so perhaps he's got a challenge ahead of him even if he speaks German, is employed and well-integrated. All of those things, plus a good personality help you find a partner here, regardless of their nationality.

EDIT: the OP is a student and is looking for part-time employment. He's got enough on his plate right now without worrying about mating.

If you wanna find a German partner who's into your being a furriner, try meeting them in places where Germans like to hang out because no one there is German, e.g. Australia, Canada, and South America.

Otherwise, if you don't know how to make a decent Mohnkuchen or build a Hochbett using raw planks from the Baumarkt, I don't know how on earth yer gonna bag a German dude/chick...

You gotta be kidding me Dessa... Australia is crawling with Krauts. You can't even throw a wiener over your shoulder without hitting one of 'em smack bang in the chops.

If you're looking for a nice guy, look on the sidelines.

Nice guys do not finish last, they do not get to take part.

Uh huh, but do you swallow?Ooh, just noticed she doesn't like a good ribbing. T'was all in fun, Ms. hottie!

:lol: I can´t believe a guy (your ex-boss) would be so dumb as to give away trade secrets like. It´s what we all judge women on. That and a nice rack. I mean, finding a girl that mother approves of is all good and well, but if she doesn´t have nice tits and swallows, whats the point?

Totally agree with you Gwaptiva ..although my German was so far back from the sidelines he was hiding in a bush in the car park ..Bless him x

You gotta be kidding me Dessa... Australia is crawling with Krauts.

As are Canada and South America. Sort of like Berlin, where all the cool American kids come to live in Yoorup only to find out it's already swarming with their countrymen. Didn't used to be like that, mind.

When I first started traveling, people would give me what they thought was a compliment, saying that I wasn't like a stereotypical American, chalking it up to the "fact" that people who travel have broader minds or are more intelligent or some other shite like that. Of course, live in Berlin long enough and you'll see that is not necessarily a universal truth :P

I do think though, as in the United States, there is a big group of people who want to travel and see the world and learn languages and experience cultures other than their own, and an even bigger group who are fine where they are and see no reason to go anywhere where the people don't speak their language. My German MIL is like this. She once said, with a straight face, that she leaves Germany only reluctantly and won't do it ever again if she can help it (this, after girl's trip to Barcelona, which was nice, but a bit too foreign). Said Germany has everything she needs in it. This sounds exactly like my American mother--two years her junior--who sees no reason to go anywhere when she can watch the Travel Channel, in English, for free, without catching dysentery or being kidnapped for her kidneys.

It's supposed to be true that you meet a different sort of German abroad than you do here in Germany. I have to say, before I came to Germany, my impression of Germans was that they were the coolest, most laid-back and polite, open-minded and intelligent, interested and interesting tourists I'd ever met, by far my favorite Europeans. Then I came to Berlin and got familiar with the Schnauze :lol:

if she doesn´t have nice tits and swallows, whats the point?

Surprised to find so many bird fans here! A Scottish Crested Tit on the left and Red-Rumped Swallow on the right. Definitely needed some pictures on this post. ;)

post-142885-13085991677089.jpg

post-142885-13085991774521.jpg

We have some nice tits and swallows in our back garden, but frankly don't you have anything else on your mind other than birds?

Beat me to it!