Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moving to Wolfsburg

24 posts in this topic

Hi Friends,

We are a family with a 2.5 year child. Moving to Wolfsburg next month.

Will be working in Fallersleben. Which are the good areas to live?

Would be nice if there is a kindergarten nearby?

How is Fallersleben to live for a family? What about Klieversberg? Heard that there is a bilingual kindergarten there.

Thanks,

Fallersleben is a beautiful place. I'm right "up the road" from there in Detmerode. I've read and heard about a bilingual school of some sort in Rebenburg (might be the same school you mentioned listed as Klieversberg). I doubt you would want to live down on Fallersleben if your child does attend that school. Although they are not far apart...the buses between Fallersleben and that school do not run all that often.

My wife just reminded me...we visited that school once. It's in Klieversberg...and don't read any of this wrong...none of these little areas of Wolfsburg are far from each other AT ALL. I don't even know the names of many of these little areas of Wolfsburg...only the people who live there use them...it's all Wolfsburg.

Thanks for your replies.

Do you know if there are any areas which are not good for families to live?

How is the public transportation there?

I've been here for almost 8 years now and I can't think of any place that would be a bad or unsafe place to live. I've never felt threatened in any way here. My wife says there is a place where SHE would feel uncomfortable walking at night(she was born and raised here)...it's a tiny portion of a part of Wolfsburg called Westhagen...but believe me it is NOTHING like a bad part of town in my former hometown in America where there are shootings almost every night. There has been one murder here since I've been here and one horrific car accident...that's it.

My wife and I both agree that our part of town is the best for "family life" and public transport. The 202 and 201 bus lines run often(very often in the case of the 202 - every 10 to 15 minutes). There aren't many kids in our little part of Detmerode but there are plenty of schools and plenty of kids just a few bus stops away. Both the 201 and 202 bus lines meet here in Detmerode and meet again at "ZOB" on the Porschestrasse(the main street in Wolfsburg) near the train station...they just take slightly different routes to get there.

The only problem I see is you getting to work in Fallersleben without a car. There ARE buses to Fallersleben but they don't run very often. They are geared towards school kids and school hours of operation.

We are moving to Wolfsburg too this month end. We got a house in Brackstedt. I heard that Fallersleben is a nice place.

We got our lil one into a kindergarten in Kreuzheide. Its not a bilingual one, but the atmosphere was very friendly and nice.

Hello Friends,

What is the best way to search for an apartment there ? immobilienscout24.de ?

Is there any better options ?

I personally think immobilienscout24 is the best way. Even we found the house through it. If you are lucky you can find a Provision frei apartment/house.

My German wife swears by VW Immobilien. She found our previous two rental apartments through them. They control mostly everything here in Wolfsburg.

http://www.wolfsburger-kurier.de/ausgaben.php

Is the best way to find a private owned apartment. Fallersleben is the best to live. We will move to klieversberg soon. My kids go to the bilingual school and Kindergarten.

http://www.wolfsburger-kurier.de/ausgaben.php

Is the best way to find a private owned apartment. Fallersleben is the best to live. We will move to klieversberg soon. My kids go to the bilingual school and Kindergarten.

Hello Olaf,

Thanks for the information.

I would like to contact the bilingual kindergarten, but could not find website/any other info through internet.

It would be nice if you can provide their contact details.

Thanking you in advance,

Kola

Great steak and potatoes here...and of course great beer:

http://www.paulaner-wob.de/

Top of the Porschestrasse.

Hi! I just moved to Teichbrieite (from the USA) with my fiancé and toddler. Seems pretty nice so far.