Holmes Place - Gym

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

Do anyone have any experience with this club? Any ideas on pricing and so forth?

http://j.mp/kcanED

Holmes Place

Berlin - Gendarmenmarkt

Friedrichstrasse 68

Eingang Mohrenstr 50

DE - 10117 Berlin

Germany

TIA

Petter

Was anyone ever able to provide information on this fitness club? It is very convienient for my work and Im curious if anyone can give a review or a quick outlook on the costs?

Thanks in advance

I recently went as a friend's guest for one day. It's a very nice gym. I tried the fitness machines, the pool, and a yoga class. Everything was great. Someone talked to me about membership and said I could get an off-peak hours membership that would cost around €80/month for one year. So a regular membership would be even more. Not something I can afford, but I can attest to the quality of the club.

Someone just asked about this gym in another thread but I'll post this link again because it looks like a good deal for anyone wanting to try out the place and no one seems to have mentioned this yet. WerGehtHin (site with entertainment news and sometimes discount deals) has a current offer for Holmes Place. Link here

For those with poorer German, you can get a six week trial premium membership with any one of 3 Holmes Place gyms (Gendarmemarkt, Ostkreuz or Neue Welt) for €49. You have until the 20th November to buy the thing, you print it out, then you have 3 months to go in and redeem the voucher for the trial membership.

I was tempted by it but then was won over by a cheaper deal at a basic gym elsewhere. For those wanting to try a fancier place, however, it's a good in.

Revitalizing this thread.

Anyone been to Holmes at Potsdamer Platz? I'd love to try it out, I doubt I'd buy a membership, but I'm curious. It would be lovely to spend a day there in the winter using the gym then spa facilities, etc. I don't know if that's at all possible, however, given I am not keen on paying for membership which seems $$$ per month.

Went into Holmes Place on Gendarmenmarkt yesterday to enquire about membership. Very friendly and nice facilities. We were offered the following corporate membership options (prices seem a bit funny but suit us):

- 99 euros/month for 12 months at Berlin clubs except Potsdamer Platz.

- 89 euros/month for 6 months at Berlin clubs except Potsdamer Platz (+ 10 euros one off towel fee)

- 95 euros/month for 12 month luxury membership at Gendarmenmarkt and Potsdamer Platz, inclusive of 1 massage or 1 personal training session/month.

We will be going for the luxury membership - I will be working within 2 min walk of the Potsdamer Platz branch and hopefully living within 2 mn walk of the Gendarmenmarkt branch (here's hoping landlord accepts us).

hi, anyone has any experience with cancelling the membership?

i have got mine offer for 24 months, but will use it only for the next 6 months, and the rest would have to be cancelled.

the price is 79 eur, all included.

if anyone would be interested in taking over around mid april may, pls let me know.

my email is gosia_08@hotmail.com

I must give a negative review to this club because of the customer service. When I was applying for a membership I was told I can cancel my year contract within two weeks. But it was a lie, it was not possible. So I was introduced to the club by a person who use the lie when dealing with the people.

The club itself is really nice, but the steam room was twice occupied by an old man who was not behaving correctly to my relative I invited to check the club. The behaviour had a sexual context. Due to that I wanted to cancel my membership, but it was refused since it wasnt me - club member, but my guest. I felt terrible, my relative was disgusted. My reasons werent found strong enough to cancel the membership so I guess what Holmes Place care about the most are the money of course, not people. They dont try to help, they dont try to solve your problem, they are aware of the fact that they can have your money and they take advantage of that, even tho It might not help to their reputation.

Petr Hošek (hoseknet@gmail.com)

My wife is thinking of signing up, was impressed by the Probestunde and a friend who is already a member is begeistert...any other experiences?

I had a try out at the Gendarmenmarkt branch. They told me you need to pay 99 euro has a one-time registration free. Can this be waivered? like, negotiable?

every thing is negotiable. it just depends on how good a negotiator you are...

If you sign up for urban sports club you can visit all of the Holmes Place locations and can cancel anytime. 

www.urbansportsclub.com