Therapists in the Cologne/Bonn area

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, and Happy Monday!

Wondering if I might get some recommendations for English speaking and preferably American therapists, psych., counselor etc... in the Cologne/Bonn area. If there are no direct recommendations, than an assist on how to go about finding one in the area would be helpful. I have been Googling and surfing around for a bit but have come up largely empty-handed.

I appreciate it very much!

Monika Zaiß-von Heydebrand

http://www.von-heydebrand.de/

She is however German but did her studies in the US.

Susan Montgomery

Business Centred Therapy Ltd

Königsalle 70

40212 Düsseldorf

t + 49 (0) 171 383 9915

e susan@ukbct.co.uk

e info@ukbct.co.uk

w www.ukbct.co.uk

I am an American psychotherapist and psychanalyst who works in private practice in the greater Cologne-Bonn area (Euskirchen). I studied at the University in Cologne and was trained at the psychoanalytic institute in Cologne (psychoanalytische Arbeitsgemeinschaft Köln-Düsseldorf), which is fully recognized by the International Psychoanalytic Association. I am a liscensed psychotherapist and accept all insurances. My homepage is: www.regina-hermans.de

Reiner Knudsen is a psychology counsellor, coach and consultant in central Bonn. He speaks excellent English.

Maximilianstr. 28d

53111 Bonn

Tel. 0228 9489 1449

email: reinerknudsen@richtungscoach.de

http://www.richtungscoach.de

Dear expats & internationals,

I'm a therapist, Zen teacher, writer & community founder working in a psychotherapy practice in Bonn.

Adapting to a different culture and its bureaucracy is a challenge, communication issues, new job environments, visa problems and pressure to perform well under these circumstances, can build up tension & anxiety.

In a modern day world, which is changing fast and puts a strain on people, who have to learn to adjust to experiences quickly, counseling can be helpful to attain new tools to deal with challenges while learning to manage your mental resources.

The lack of counseling in English however, is an apparent problem.

Many expats have a high level of education. A lot of them are academics who happened to work in Germany.

While learning German can be quite the task, it is especially a problem when it comes to a therapy or coaching process.

Therapy works when it is precise and communicated well. Most local therapists do not offer therapy in English.

I want to close this gap and offer my services to the international people who reside in the Bonn and Cologne area.

If you consider to begin psychotherapy, learn new skills in a coaching process, find meaningful responses to life or are curious about spiritual exploration, I look forward to assist you in your endeavors.

Praxis für Psychotherapie - Julian M. Polzin

Heilpraktiker (Psychotherapie)

Adolfstraße 104

53111 Bonn

mobile: 0176 231 58 900

email: kontakt@julian-polzin.de

www.julian-polzin.de