Finding work as an English speaker in Frankfurt, Mannheim, or Heidelberg

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm from the United States, native English speaker and I was wondering if anyone knows of any English speaking jobs in Mannheim, Heidelberg, Frankfurt or anywhere in Hessen.

I don't know German =/ which is probably a big disadvantage, but I will be here in Germany for the whole summer and I need a job!

A secretary, receptionist, sales associate, tourism...

Please help, thank you all :)

but I will be here in Germany for the whole summer and I need a job!

You do realise that you can only spend 90 days every 6 months in Germany without a residence permit and that you also need a work permit to work here, right?

You might want to start by reading the wiki (after you looked at a map of Germany ;) ).

Sorry to be pedantic here guys but what makes you think the OP believes Heidelberg and Mannheim are in Hessen?

I was wondering if anyone knows of any English speaking jobs in Mannheim, Heidelberg, Frankfurt or anywhere in Hessen.

She doesn't say that at all just that she is looking for a job in either Mannheim, Heidelberg or Frankfurt or somewhere else in Hessen!!

Anyway in answer to the original question have you thought about teaching English? If you do a search on the forum you'll find lots of information on that.

Have you looked at the employment offers already? Also, using monster.com or arbeitsagentur.de might help. If nothing better works out, you can also try working in one of our three irish pubs... free beer included. ;-)

Anyway, enjoy your stay in Germany! Let me know if you need help with translations or whatever.

any job more or less legal requires the job permission for all non-EU citizens... consequently, i believe the irish pubs will not for that also because of only the summer time employee... neither any "A secretary, receptionist, sales associate, tourism..."

it is not Germany so bad... the same is in US... I do not see any solution for that unless you will be able to find something really "black job" like a baby-/cat-/dog-sitter/-walker or cleaning etc. that is also not feasible as people would not trust even a cat to an unknown person without any references and who is here only for 3 months... sorry to say that, but you have to be realist. am i wrong and too pessimist?

An American ask about a Job and I am sure he is aware of the time limit. He or she did not refer to Mannheim nor Heidelberg as a Hessen location, it was just mentioned as a possible location. Instead of being an asshole try just assisting him and not being a Dick you f..king dick!

50 minutes ago, Tazo said:

An American ask about a Job and I am sure he is aware of the time limit. He or she did not refer to Mannheim nor Heidelberg as a Hessen location, it was just mentioned as a possible location. Instead of being an asshole try just assisting him and not being a Dick you f..king dick!

There's nothing like responding to a post dating back to May/June 2011. :lol: