I need Help with Tax Calculation

46 posts in this topic

Hi. I am filling my tax this year and confuse even with a steurberater. I am getting mixed advices. 

I came in Germany last August 2014. One adviser says that my tax rate depends on my total income (income abroad from Jan to July) and income in Germany. The other says it the rate should only be base with the income in Germany since I only worked here for less than six month. 

I would appreciate some input. 

10 minutes ago, moskimen said:

One adviser says that my tax rate depends on my total income (income abroad from Jan to July) and income in Germany.

Right

10 minutes ago, moskimen said:

The other says it the rate should only be base with the income in Germany since I only worked here for less than six month. 

Wrong

On 5/28/2018, 10:01:58, vancanadian said:

And if I wanted to submit on ELSTER, then I need to use the Mandelbogen ESt 1A (NOT Est 1V) to input pre-German gross income (before deductions), as per the Wiki, as well as Anlage N as a German employee and Anlage Vorsoregeaufwand, at the minimum?

It looks like the Mandelborgen ESt 1A has changed since the Wiki was written. Can anyone point me to the line number/phrase to search where I input my pre-German residency gross income on the 2017 form?

Do I understand it correctly that for income like capital gains and interest outside of Germany I need Anlage-AUS? And N-AUS is only for income earned as an employee?

On 30.5.2018, 23:12:42, vancanadian said:

It looks like the Mandelborgen ESt 1A has changed since the Wiki was written. Can anyone point me to the line number/phrase to search where I input my pre-German residency gross income on the 2017 form?

Yes this would be helpful... I too checked the new form and did not find it