Do German men like short or overweight women?

130 posts in this topic

Just found this site through a search, so hello.

-

I’ll travel frequently between the US and Cologne (sometimes Frankfurt) for various reasons (mostly school and family). Being an American girl, I’ve found it a little overwhelming when it comes to German men. I guess I’m not used to … the … personality type? When compared to American men. But, as I spend the majority of my time in Cologne, I would like to give dating a real shot, but have heard from several friends that German men do not date meaty women - or short women?

Is this a misconception? Myth? Are my friends screwing with me? Or is there some truth? Or loads of truth! Please forgive my ignorance.

If your username is bingo related, maybe you could double date.

They're screwing with you. Every individual as their own taste. When I was dating my son's father he always commented that I needed a bit more weight...

I think whatever size, shape or colour we are, there is always somebody out there for us - just it can be hard to find the right person!

Good luck, and have fun!

stefi88

It's true of course. By the way, I heard that American women do not date short or skinny men. Is there truth in this or is it simply total bullshit?

Well I'm 1m 63cm (5ft 4) and didn't do too badly as a single.

But really, different people have different tastes, so it isn't easy to generalise about all German men.

You will notice that if you pick up a local issue of Playboy or FHM or similar that the women have smaller/no breast implants, though what this says about all German men (especially as not all German men read such magazines, of course)... it probably says nothing at all.

Anyway, am sure a few shorter/"meatier" women will post up their success stories (I hope).

Good luck! And fun fun fun fun fun.

I don’t mean to generalize at all! :)

I’m just genuinely curious if there was some truth to it.

steffi88 - I'm assuming you'd be totally happy with a short, overweight German man yourself.

I am not overweight but I am short by German standards (UK average 1.65). It's a positive advantage when it comes to shorter German men, of course ;) . I mean maybe 1.70-1.75m. The tall ones tend to do this protective thing as well :) .

The tall ones tend to do this protective thing as well .

At least in one instance - at my previous employer I had a colleague who was quite short (I called her "kleine Astrid" because we had a tall one as well). She "shacked up" with & eventually married a guy taller than I am (1.94m).

Met her again a few years ago at the Munich office of my current employer where she was attending some training...

steffi88 - I'm assuming you'd be totally happy with a short, overweight German man yourself.

I am not overweight but I am short by German standards (UK average 1.65). It's a positive advantage when it comes to shorter German men, of course . I mean maybe 1.70-1.75m. The tall ones tend to do this protective thing as well .

Personally, I do not care. Tall, short, fat, ginger. Again, I was just curious to see if there was some truth to it as I heard it so often recently and was feeling somewhat discouraged, considering my height and not being stick thin. Either way, I'll take the majority of the advice and just enjoy my time and have fun :)

Apologies if I offended anyone.

Personally, I do not care. Tall, short, fat, ginger.

Wow, you really aren't fussy are you?

Friday Friday

It must be. No women would tell any "friend" that she's too short, fat and ugly to get a date. They'd tell Jabba the Hutt's mother that she's just lovely and will surely find the right man soon...

I am 1.54m and that is about as short as you can get :D (I am Asian) and the German men just love my short stature. I weigh 55 kg.

Just some statistics, some 90+ German men chat me up on a dating website and are interested in dating me in a period of 1.5 months (yes, my picture and height and body size were stated there) and I am married to a German (1.74m) for the last 13 years.

I don't think you will have much of a problem getting German men interested in you. You will probably have to fight them off!