Learning German using Babbel.com

5 posts in this topic

Hi, just came across the website for Learning German online (http://www.babbel.com/). Doesnot sound to be expensive i.e about 27 USD for 3 months. Please share your experiences, also please let me know if there are any other such sites.

Regards,

BSD

come on guys share your views on this or should i consider this as any other service of the dotcom times?

I gave it a whirl on the iphone app... it's free and I guess ok if you're looking for basic vocab. No idea what the pay courses might look like. Have you looked up any reviews on the web?

Not many reviews actually up on the Web, thought some Ttowner's might have tried and would take their view

I played with the trial, and the levels available were too basic for my level of German, but the software looked fairly promising. I suggested to the people who run it that it was doomed as a pure paysite -- people don't expect to pay for this sort of stuff on the web, and they're trying to get a community and user-contributed content, which is too obviously theft when you also charge said contributors. they were not convinced so I guess it's a question of waiting for a competitor doing that sort of thing but with a less braindead business model.