Baby first aid course taught in English in Berlin

17 posts in this topic

Is anyone interested to attend a baby first aid course in English? I found someone who conducts a class at the Geburtshaus Charlottenburg however at the moment he hasn't received enough interest to schedule an upcoming class. He said that if I could get together 15 or so people, he would do it.

His prices are 40 euro per person or 70 euro per couple. You can find more info here: http://www.erste-hilfe-fuer-kinder.de/erste-hilfe-am-kind/erste_hilfe_kurs.html#firstaid

Please reply or message me if you are interested and willing to attend a course in the near future (in the coming weeks to months). If enough people are interested I will get in touch with him and the Geburtshaus and see if they can schedule a class.

Thank you!

Cassandra

hi cassandra. did you manage to get enough people to form a class? i am interested. let me know if you need more numbers.

manny

mpanaretos@hotmail.com

Hi Cassandra,

Not sure if you had any luck rounding up the numbers needed for this first aid course in English (as i just now read your post). I am curious to find out if you succeeded?

I heard too that there was to be a course offered in English but then subsequently learned that it was not the case.

I have since found a cheaper alternative, although unfortunately not in English, at Prima Vital in Zehlendorf for myself and partner which is 40 Euros for three hours one night, which i ended up booking.

LG

Anyone still interested in the Baby First Aid course?

There's going to be one held on October 29th and October 30th..

http://www.erste-hilfe-fuer-kinder.de/erste-hilfe-am-kind/kindernotfall-kurse-berlin/termine_berlin.php

My husband and I were just discussing that we really want/should do this. Looked at the price , 70€ for a couple, totally reasonable and then looked at the dates and times. Do I understand it correctly that she class will be held on a Saturday and Sunday evening from 6-8pm each night? I'm sorry, but that is so very inconvenient for anyone with a baby. It says we may bring our baby, but considering that 8pm is her bedtime, I don't think she would manage well during that time of day in a classroom setting. That means we have to find/pay a babysitter in addition to the cost of the class for two nights in a row. It would have been easier to have it in one night if I have to find a babysitter anyways (I'm fine with paying one, but mine won't be all that happy to have two hours each spread over two nights). I realize that my husband and I could split up and one of us does the class now and one later, but since these don't seem to happen all that often it is too bad that they chose a typical bedtime for babies for the time of the class. We will discuss further and see what we want to do, but they likely just lost at least one of us for the class.

Don't get me wrong, it is great that it is offered at all, but it is really very inconvenient timing.

hi there calibear,

sorry to hear that it's an inconvenient time for you..it is also a bit inconvenient for me as well. however as it is only two days, and quite an important class i will suck it up and take the course when it' being offered! most importantly, the instructor is coming from MUNICH! to teach some english speakers such a class. therefore, i'm thinking it's more of an inconvenience for him than it is for us. no offense.

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy and grateful that he is making the effort, but I still honestly think that it would have been better to either have the class all in one day, so that people don't have to get a babysitter two days in the row, or a tad earlier in the day like 4-6pm to make it feasible to take the baby along. The cost of the babysitter I will suck up (even though when I include travel times times four it really does add up), but I'm actually not sure if I can convince our regular babysitter to do two nights in a row for a relatively short amount of time if she is even available. But that's just my opinion that I wanted to share. Maybe it hadn't occured to anybody that the timing seems strange. I will likely take the class anyway if I can work it out.

And no offense taken.

Calibear,

I honestly don't know what to tell you. What can I say - life is unfair. No one thinks to schedule things that's most accommodating for us. I'm also quite pissed that the mailman keeps dropping off my packages when I'm out on my neighborhood strolls. I kind of wish he would for once think of me and my strolls and just come when it's best for me.

Ok soo... What else can I say? what a dilemma you have. I do hope you can sort it out.

All the best to you..

What on earth happened here? Did I strike a nerve of some kind? Was it really necessary to write such a condescending message?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that something else has your knickers in a twist. Or maybe the baby is keeping

you up and making you cranky? Or maybe you are the one who scheduled this and are taking it personally?

But honestly, I cant't tell if you are just being deliberately obtuse. This is not a "oh my, the world needs to revolve around me" kind of complaint. Obviously, I don't expect the mailman to change his route to accommodate my schedule. But I do not think it is too far fetched to take the reality of having a baby in the household into consideration when offering a class for NEW PARENTS.

In any case, sorry that what I wrote made your hackles rise. I do hope your week is improving.

calibear, again,

actually i did NOT schedule the class. I honestly did not know the time till you mentioned it. as it was a hassle to convince this guy to teach the class (he canceled once and had no plans on teaching a class this year or next year in berlin) i really, really, REALLY didn't think of dare asking him to change the time.. sorry i'm just not like that.. on another note, i am having an AMAZING week. i just found this conversation to be quite "comical.."

all the best. i've said all that needs to be said. you might want to try to "relax" - you definitely need it as a parent.

once again, no offense intended.

i think you should make a decision and say - yes, the class, time, location, fee and date work for me.. or NO - the class, time, fee or date do NOT work for me.. and make a decision from there.. fair enough?

who knows WHY he chose 18:00-20:00

but i just saw it as his personal choice that he has a right to..

For all those who would like to join a First Aid Class for Babies and Children, in English this is

your chance - Janko von Ribbeck is thee expert in Germany for First Aid Classes for babies and toddlers.

If you want to join next weekend please go to the following site and register online.

http://www.erste-hilfe-fuer-kinder.de/erste-hilfe-am-kind/kindernotfall-kurse-berlin/termine_berlin.php

If you have any questions you can either email : info@kidscornerberlin.de or ring Mr Janko von Ribbeck.

( Telephone Number on the site)

The Class will be held in Schöneberg at the Kids Corner Berlin ( new Kindercafe and activity center opening this week)

Apostel-Paulus-Str 32

10823 Berlin

For all those who would like to join a First Aid Class for Babies and Children, in English this is

your chance - Janko von Ribbeck is thee expert in Germany for First Aid Classes for babies and toddlers.

DATE: 12th OCTOBER ( FRIDAY) from 3pm - 8 pm

If you have any questions please email : info@kidscornerberlin.de

The Class will be held in Schöneberg at the Kids Corner Berlin

Apostel-Paulus-Str 32

10823 Berlin