Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nightlife in Cologne

5 posts in this topic

Heading out with a group of guys from England. Looking for places with plenty of beer, clubs, music, women etc. Ideally the streets and areas where the best places are too. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

There are two main clubbing areas, The Hohenzollenring between Rudolfplatz and Friezenplats has more mainstream clubs, lots of Dance, R&B and the like. Clubs in this area include: Petit Prince, Diamonds, Loom, Club Crystal, Goldfinger & Arcadia and there are several theme restaraunts and coctailbars too

The second main area for Clubs is Ehrenfeld which has more independant clubs and bars, the Live Music Hall, Underground, Werkstatt, Sensor Club and the Sonic Ballroom are all close to Venloer Strasse Station.

In the unlikely event that this is a stag do, you can do worse than the Stardust (also close to Rudolphplatz)

What D_I_S_D says. I agree.

Avoid the Altstadt (old town) - it's overpriced and mostly for out-of-towners.

Zülpicherstrasse has many student-oriented bars. Good place for warm-up drinks.

Goldfinger is a good place to go later - one of the few bars in Cologne that has a dress code. Which in Cologne means nothing more than a button-up shirt.

Had a look at the list of pubs and bars in Cologne on this website, and most of the reviews are about 10 years old. Any recommendations for decent pubs in Cologne for a group to have a night on the beers? Preferably somewhere central, but I'm not looking for the usual expat bars or first hits on Google. I asked a local the other day who told me: "Zulpicher Strasse is looking pretty f@cked up as usual, so maybe something to avoid", which doesn't really mean anything to me, or help me at all. The person who said it is only about 25, so perhaps he was just trying to politely point out that I'm too old to go drinking somewhere near a university.