For the homesick Yorkshire folk

85 posts in this topic

This short clip is good fun albeit at us Yorkshire folks expense.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm6VC5gdaFA

Weird. This post persists for more than a year, but I post one on Friday (with a Yorkshire youtube clip) and it gets deleted within a few hours. WTF.

Weird. It's not in my deleted posts, watched topics, posts. Oh well, It was a Gangnam tribute from the Goths of Whitby. I won't post it again, presumably it'll get deleted again. Here it is in a youtube search result instead.

Wotcha, that funny Yarkshur accent you Yorkies have. Why can't you just talk with a normal accent?

Like us Scousers.

Weird. This post persists for more than a year, but I post one on Friday (with a Yorkshire youtube clip) and it gets deleted within a few hours. WTF.

It did't get deleted yer bampot, yer thread got merged lad, intert Online Videos thread. And I answered, cos it's where I's from like...

It did't get deleted yer bampot, yer thread got merged lad, intert Online Videos thread. And I answered, cos it's where I's from like...

Yer'd think they'd have told me about it. My original post = gone. A search for whitby returns nothing. I could only assume it was deleted.

Mods!! You should let people know when you do that.

Eeee, them were the days - after 'is shift down 't pit, and my Dad came 'ome, 'e were so mucky my Mum 'ad to burn 't bathwater.

I've flown with Monarch to Leeds 2 or 3 times - in fact I was (to my surprise) on their very first flight out of Munich last December (6 passengers and 8 crew!). It works very well, and the times are pretty convenient, although they only fly 3 times a week in each direction. Up until Easter a typical return flight with luggage, service fees, etc., was around 130€ but I see that the cost for most flights through the summer are now over 200€ return. Given that Lufthansa fly 3 times a day to Manchester and back for around 130€, flying into Leeds becomes financially less interesting. With only one exception, I never saw more than about 30 passengers on a Monarch flight to/from Leeds, so I begin to wonder if it is commercially viable, and maybe they are putting up prices to deter customers with a view to declaring the route as non-viable and cancelling it.

Good to know. Considering where I'm going is about half way between Newcastle and Leeds, I'll still have options if they drop it. :)

What's public transport like from Leeds/Bradford these days?

Currently sat in Batley having flown into Manchester and taken the train across the pennines. Very simple and cheap.

I've briefly looked at Monarch but it was just was too expensive.

With 4 airlines currently serving Munich/Manchester it's possibly a little over served? Monarch being one of them.

Now I've seen Gary has some scampi I need to pop down at some point.

Barnsley. What a fucking hole. Always behind the times.

post-9625-1366746136017.jpg

And does anybody understand what the people of Barnsley are saying? :unsure: