Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Car disposal and scrap yards

54 posts in this topic

It would indeed, that particular color's apparently called "champagne metallic" ... ;-) Live in our neck of the woods, do you?

Hi guys, sorry for bringing up this old thread again. But I have an old Volkswagen (1997) which I took over from a friend some months ago that broke down yesterday. It seems the scrapyards today all want money for scrapping the car as the metal prices dropped the last years. I found Kostlose Autoverwertung München - do you have any experience with that or does anyone know a way to get some money out of it? :P

Thanks in advance!

You havent told us the Model, the fault.. the colour.. the condition...   

so how on earth could one give an approx price?

If it still drives you can probably get a couple of hundred for it. I had an accident with my Renault a few weeks ago and I drove it for a few days then it got worse when it started to have electrical problems, the immobilizer would not deactivate. So I called an 'Autovwewerter" he came along and took it away and deregistered it for free.

https://www.autoverwertung-muenchen.info/

Start with 1€ and see what you'll get. I mean you want to get rid of it without paying for disposal, no?

Why was the previous message negated so much? It is actually the best you can do if you just want to get rid of the car without paying for scrapping and make a few bucks out of it.

5 hours ago, Ayllen said:

What would be an adequate price for such a car in your opinion? 100€?!

If you can't drive it to the junkyard anymore, a decent price for picking it up with a tow truck (where it stands right now), deregistering it, and sending a scan of the deregistering receipt to you (by email) would be 0€.

You certainly can try to bargain as long as the car still drives, but as soon as it doesn't run anymore, you're hosed.