Frankfurt bouncers sentenced in Briton's beating death

208 posts in this topic

Shocked and saddened by this.

Let this TT member's death not be in vain: let it be the motivation to clean up the murky world of nightclub bouncing once and for all. RIP LeeJ1979.

This is horrifying. I never knew Lee but I offer my condolences to his family and friends and anyone who knew him. All of a sudden, the world just became an even darker place.

My daughter has been following a discussion on the German site of the club and some people have been calling for a boycott, but the club are now deleting the posts as they appear.

Honestly, I think the FB apology is purely to save face, because they didn't make any mention of it until people started a fuss due to the fact that they would be open for business tonight. They are absolutely the scum of the earth and if I lived in Frankfurt I would statrt my own protest outside their club. I truly hope what goes around really comes around.

interesting to read the Teil 1, 2 und 3 wall postings from monday night https://www.facebook.com/u60311?ref=ts#!/u60311

Just to clarify the arrangements at this club, one of the most prestigious in Germany: security is provided by a private company (the bouncers are not employed directly by the venue), while the parties are generally organised by external promoters. So although it's understandable that the anger is being directed solely at the venue, and they without doubt have a lot of questions to answer and responsibility to bear, things are a little more complicated than may appear at first sight.

Huge copout from them that they have changed their security company. Big deal. <_<

Liebe U60 Familie, liebe Freunde, liebe Gäste,

wir bedauern den Vorfall vom Montagmorgen zutiefst.

Wir ziehen daraus Konsequenzen und haben unsere Securityfirma und die Türsteher schon ab der heutigen Veranstaltung dauerhaft ausgewechselt. Diese neue Firma heißt SGS Sicherheitsgruppe Südwest GmbH.

Euer U60311

Officials are considering closing the nightclub...

Nach dem gewaltsamen Tod eines Diskobesuchers in der Frankfurter Innenstadt prüft das Ordnungsdezernat eine mögliche Schließung der Diskothek U 60311.

«Wir werden alle rechtlichen Möglichkeiten ausschöpfen, um die Betreiberlizenz zu entziehen

Als ein mögliches Argument für den Entzug der Betreiberlizenz sieht Stein auch einen Verstoß gegen das Feiertagsgesetz. Demnach hätte die Diskothek am Ostermontag um 4.00 Uhr am Morgen schließen müssen, der Vorfall hatte sich aber um etwa 6.30 Uhr ereignet. Laut Stein hat allein die Frankfurter Staatsanwaltschaft 70 Gäste befragt, die zu diesem Zeitpunkt noch in der Diskothek waren.

Der Betreiber der Diskothek selbst war am Mittwoch nicht für eine Stellungnahme zu erreichen.

http://www.nh24.de/i...sko-schliessung

Well they would; politicians are always happy when they can push the blame away from themselves (see also the Love Parade tragedy last year). They hope in this instance to avoid answering questions like why there is no licensing scheme for bouncers or why they don't enforce the licensing laws with regards to opening times.

I think it is important not to jump to conclusions until the case is properly investigated and facts are revealed.

There are lots of rumors going around and much of what is being reported is heresay.

For instance, several sources stated the victim threatened or attacked the bouncers with a bottle, something which the police now say is untrue.

http://www.fnp.de/fn...8862234.de.html

In diversen Internetforen werden unterdessen Thesen aufgestellt, wonach das spätere Opfer vor der folgenschweren Auseinandersetzung die Beschuldigten in der Diskothek mit einer Flasche angegriffen haben soll. Diese Behauptungen entbehren jeglicher Grundlage. Die Polizei stellt fest, dass es für derartige Mutmaßungen keinerlei objektiven Sachbeweise gibt. Darüber hinaus haben sowohl die vorhandenen Zeugen, als auch die Beschuldigten keine Angaben in dieser Richtung gemacht.

The Public prosecutor's office is also saying some of the injuries were caused by special Weighted-knuckle gloves "Quarzsandhandschuhe" which the bouncers were wearing.

Laut Angaben der Staatsanwaltschaft waren bei den Türstehern sogennannte Quarzsandhandschuhe sichergestellt worden, mit denen Opfern erhebliche Verletzungen zugefügt werden können.

http://www.nh24.de/i...sko-schliessung

U60311, Frankfurt

Aus Respekt und Gründen der Pietät bleibt das U60311 heute geschlossen.

37 minutes ago

Some sanity... ENDLICH!!!

On their FB page they said that they had swapped out security firms..

Like they had a choice when most of the original security firm are in police custody...

I hope those security guards ROT IN HELL!!! I am sick to my stomach, and PLEASE start a protest , make sure they dont let this go and pay for what they have done, they all should be beaten the same way , those nasty pigs! uh I AM SO MAD!

I´m going to sleep now. I´m tired. It´s a privilege and I can get up in the morning feeling refreshed. This poor young guy´s friends and family and anyone associated with them will not sleep or wake up refreshed. They will cry for ever at this stupid loss of life. RIP.

Death is always sad. But this... this is so completely angering! A man was attacked to what ultimately resulted in his death while no one intervened. From the stories not one person was brave enough or possibly of sound enough mind to take a stand. No one called these thugs out. Not one person did the right thing. Not one soul. Absolutely sickening! What a world... They should all be ashamed and completely disgusted with themselves. I can't even imagine how that must have felt for this young man, and now how his family is left to deal with this aftermath of bewildering sadness. It would be beyond comprehension for me to ever understand. Probably beyond the comprehension of most people.

I don't know what will become of this regarding punishment by the courts and judicial system, etc., but someone on THE LOCAL article commented that the way things are in Germany they may get a little time in prison and a small fine. If that's the case than that's just pathetic. Surely there's some way that this will result in a judgment that fits the crime. If not in the criminal courts than in the civil courts. The men who did this, the firm that employees them and the club owners should all be held responsible.

I hope this young man who was robbed of his precious time on this earth is resting in peace now, and that one day the people who loved him will be able to find a way to remember him and not feel so much pain thinking about how he left this life.

Lisa