What irritated you today?

1,508 posts in this topic

Damn 40 year old layers of white paint on wooden doors.

Do you know how difficult it is to get rid of this stuff from the corners / round bits and joins? I've been at it for a week now on one door and I probably will have another week till i get the last bit of white off dammit. Then I have another door to do... sigh...

Tempted just to plane it to a flat wooden slab and just be done with it ... :angry:

My telephone is getting really expensive. Every time my oldest son calls it winds up costing me a hundred euros.

My son really likes playing around with the effects on my mid-range Logitech webcam, so I decided to splurge on their top model, the C920, because it offers things like avatars, funny faces, and other features. So I hook it up and the picture works fine, but every time I try to call up an effect (even the ones that worked with the old webcam), I get an error message. So I completely uninstall and reinstall the webcam software. Now the Effects button is completely inactive. Poke around on their website a bit and find this gem, which states that the webcam software doesn't support video effects for screen resolutions of 720p/1080p or higher.

YOU SELL A 1080P WEBCAM AND YOUR SOFTWARE DOESN'T SUPPORT 1080P SCREEN RESOLUTION, you FUCKING IDIOTS!

Back in the box, back to Amazon. Your bad.

My legs are irritating me... well, the sunburn on them is. Anyone who dares claim I'm not Scottish should come read a book by the glow of my legs. Why oh why didn't I just stay in (or cream up before that happened)

All the numbnuts on Craigslist. I posted a couch for free, with a photo. It's for FREE, did you get that part? Don't come asking me 10 questions. A photo speaks 1000 words.

Certain TTers irritate me. I'm irritated that a flounce from me is unlikely. :lol:

Why does my boss have to walk around and yell at everybody? So ok, he didn't yell at me this time but it is certainly not good morale when most of the people are unhappy and looking for other jobs. And he refuses to see that his yelling is a problem.

So, I was looking at his wiki page and what did I see.... What did I see...

He was first choice for the part of Conner Mcleod in Highlander.

Singer, you twat, you turned it down to take the role in V (which was also fun and good at the time) - however this cannot take away from the crime against humanity, acting, the viewing public and cinematic history that was Christopher Lambert's take on the role.

Not to mention the films we had to cringe through afterwards (that Mafia drama thing, The fortress films - all being the same character he has played in every film he has been in - which is funny as he was in Highlander with Sean Connery, a man who has made a whole career out of doing that).

The man has one facial expression and it is Greystoke, he has less facial movement that Michael Cane's spitting image puppet. I always thought the reason Mr Lambert never got a spitting image puppet was that latex just cannot hold its form long enough, it keeps moving, his face doesn't.

You are responsible for allowing his unique way of not acting on screen to get out into the world. Why didn't you just go looking to release the great old ones instead? I am sure having my soul sucked dry by a giant squid like thing would be less painful that watching to fortress films.

I can imagine people running away from a film with Lambert in it towards said giant squid like thing.

I mean, dude - they used to hang people for less in distant past - you exposed people to what amounts to some of the worst acting since I was last in a school play. I'm guessing that had you been up for the role I had, people would have said the same thing to you. However that would have been around 50 instead of billions!

I will still watch your films and I will still give a nod to your charity work but some things are just hard to look aver and ignore.

All you would have needed to do was, put on a Scottish accent, pose and swing a sward around. We know you can swing a sward and as for posing, you ARE one of the worlds foremost experts on the art. No one expect you could (while in V), run, shoulder charge a gate, carry a gun in a dramatic way AND still strike a pose. And by pose, I mean body and face - the whole thing.

You would have been perfect for a brooding Highlander who has to deal with getting kicked out of his backwards inbred clan and learning to deal with life as an immortal.

However the road not taken, thankfully most un-taken roads do not make the rest of humanity suffer so much while sitting in uncomfortable seats and eating popcorn....

The man has one facial exp​ression and it is Greystoke, he has less facial movement that Michael Cane's spitting image puppet. I always thought the reason Mr Lambert never got a spitting image puppet was that latex just cannot hold its form long enough, it keeps moving, his face doesn't.

Irritated by this exaggeration, I did a google image search for Christopher Lambert...

Over 3 million results, but the facial exp​ression is indeed the same in most all of them, I apologize for doubting you.

Yesterday there was a whole bunch of flies in the living room bugging me and the dogs. This afternoon I picked up a battery operated electric fly swatter. So tonight I am sitting here armed and ready. There is only one light switched on in the living room, directly above me.

I have yet to spot a single fly. <_<

I took a chance on sending in photos with my passport renewal application that I had originally gotten done for my new German driver's licence. They were, I thought, just borderline on within the required measurements. Arrived home yesterday to a letter saying they're not so now I have to get new photos done and send them again. (On a side note of irritation the Rückschein from the post office still hasn't arrived telling me my application was delivered in Berlin but the embassy have already managed to reply to me and I've received that reply)

And to top it all off in the same post yesterday I received a letter from the Stadt to say that my new driver's licence is ready for collection. Great. But what do I need to go and get it? My old driver's licence. Check. And my passport. Which I sent off to get renewed and has been held up because I was careless about the photos. Irritating in the extreme. Here's hoping they'll accept a copy of the passport instead.

Feeling crap today but I came in because there was an important meeting. Ten minutes before the meeting was due to start a participant decides to reschedule it for next week. Wonderful!!

The Finanzamt for sending a ton of single letters, multiple letters and three large envelopes - all with tax returns.

post-4788-13379463503412_thumb.jpg

Your tax €s at work.

Not a single decent Friday thread in sight .. sigh...

I've known from the get-go that there's a Blitzer there. It's never worked - I've seen others go by too fast - but that doesn't mean it can't be made to work. Why oh why was I distracted and breezed by there this morning on the way to work... just in time to see a flash go off?!

How life piles on everything with no good ending in site!

You want to do the right thing, but it's not right at the moment, but if you don't you let so many people down.

Everywhere you turn things are piling up and you feel helpless...ugh.

Irritated? thoroughly and utterly pissed off!

You didn´t manage to come ournd on Tuesday for various reasons, so were on a promise for today.

Today you call when you are meant to be here already, to say that you will be a little late because you have your boss on the telephone - okay, no problem.

Now you send a text message to say that you won´t be coming after all, as you have to go to work. Wunderbar!

With "friends" like you in my life, I don´t need enemies!

Actually, I might "demote" you from a "friend" to an "acquaintance" and make my life easier! Arsehole!

Realized in the morning that I was out of coffee, and had to resort to old decaf. Then, on my decaffeinated morning walk, I promptly stepped in dog scheit.