What irritated you today?

1,505 posts in this topic

Leon... it's like 7:30 right now, sorry to bring the bad news, but your boss is wondering where you at.

well it was my first email address and I just can't give it up.

Have a neigbour who also still uses AOL - he has so many contacts via his work that he´s dithering - we just got decent fibre optic broadband and he´s cursing that it takes 20 minutes to upload an image when it takes 20 seconds for me ... I´ve suggested he emails his entire contact list a series of mails detailing a new email adress once a week giving a deadline when he switches over in a month and then dumps AOL...

You can't make just a seat reservation online for international travel, meaning Austria ffs, so I had to go to the DB reise center and do it...

Having been waiting 9 months for the S1 - AOK card magic to work,(thank you john g for your reassurance on that) they have now started arriving, and we will have exactly 15 days use out of them before they become irrelevant and we don't need them anymore.

Pleased they came (eventually) but irritated, really quite irritated.

Got a text from DHL this morning, informing me that there's a parcel for me at the Packstation - I was about 5 metres from the machine when I received another text, telling me it's out of order...

I am getting a bit irritated by people posting questions for which you bend over backwards to answer, and you never hear from the OP again - not a "thanks" or a "that information was crap" - nothing!

I have the impression that some people post questions and then go out for the day/go on holiday/generally piss off, and I find it quite irritating!

I have the impressiont hat some people post questions and then go out for the day/go on holiday/generally piss off, and I find it quite irritating!

I suppose the first respone to many of the OPs here should be:

1. Are you ever going to log in again & read the responses?
  2. Are you going to consider the replies or throw a tantrum if they don't exactly meet your preconceived plan?

Did you yob/s ( whoever you are ) have to smash the window to the integration course room in my building? AGAIN. Do you realise it´s people like you who make it difficult for local Germans to accept foreigners? Digging your own grave.

I had an enormous mole removed today. The anaesthetic wore off as the doctor was finishing the stitches. I thought that was sore but now I feel like I've been kicked by a horse in the chest.

The movers put many things in the wrong place/ room. Can't find any pants for my son, and there are 350 boxes to look through. They also screwed up some antique furniture. And broke a chandelier.

I just burned my tongue on coffee. How is it possible that this stove can cook water hotter than the old one, when I'm using the same moka pot??

Have to get my eyes dilated today. This won't help with finding Jr's pants.

It's raining, and I can't find my raincoat. I think my cats are tougher than I am. How irritating!

post-33917-13340814356327.jpg

I marked the date and the time on my calander when I expect SB to hit 10,000 greenies, and some FKr comes along and negs her 5 points.

The fact that I'm still waiting for a reply on something which obviously isn't coming, so yet again I can chase. Bah.

How DARE I rescind my god given right of way and signal a German motorist "no, please, after you". 

A small Courtesy you say? 

No! Scandalous behaviour! 

My friendly wave was met with angry gesturing: "What do you mean, after me? FUCK YOU. You have right of way and I'll stand here until you fucking take it. Now hurry up, I'm late for my TÜV mandated bi-annual anal stick adjustment". 

Shame on me. Shame. On. Me. 

Watching my son continuously wriggle in agony in the Maxi Cosi/Maxi Taxi after his mother wrapped him up like the poor fucking kid from 'The Christmas Story' in this warm weather:

After hearing her explain the usual plethora of crap that he'll "catch" from that breath of Satan that us non-believers like to call AIR, she finishes with, "I'd want him to be secure, not comfortable".

That's when I looked at my frustrated son with a half-smile and said, "Listen closely to Mommy's last sentence, son. It's the governing philosophy of your birth country". Thankfully, our son chose that moment to laugh and stop a possible argument. LOL

Today it was rudeness by the natives especially when compared to the obvious visitors.

My colleague and I were walking to the S-Bahn station as we were politely asked in broken German where to find such-and-such a street. The slightly dishevelled gentleman was carrying an open beer bottle which he didn't drink from the entire time he was waiting for my colleague to find the answer on his smartphone, constantly reassuring my colleague that he was grateful and that it was ok that the map function on this phone wasn't very responsive, then thanked us profusely as he walked away suitably informed.

After that, it went downhill fast. We were taking up a lot of space on the pavement, and a cyclist had to swerve into the unpaved bit to avoid me. I apologised and all I heard was a "hmmhmm". I remarked to my colleague that I would've expected at least an "Arschloch" or quite possibly a "keine Ursache", and that "hmbhmbm" didn't quite cut it.

Then, at Diebsteich station, which still doesn't have a lift, we saw this lady with kid in buggy at the bottom of the stairs. I was already halfway up to the platform, but I trundled back down, and helped said lady carry sprog and buggy up. All this time, lady was stuck on her mobile phone, grunting at whoever, and then walked off as we reached the top of the stairs, still saying nothing. Not a word, not a look, nothing.

Sorry, bit logorrheic, but just wanted a bit of a mini-vent at these irritants.

Gwaptiva, you need to get more passive-agressive and shout "BITTE schoen!" in their faces, like wot I do :)

Today's irritation is physical: one hour of intensive horse-riding yesterday, first time in years, and resulting in 24 hours (so far) of intensive muscle pain, from my ankles to my neck. I need to get out more- wearing a groove in the sofa clearly isn't doing it, fitness-wise.

The 20-something year old young lady who was asleep on the shuttle U-Bahn at Münchner Freiheit. The U-Bahn guard and I were able to wake her and get some sense as to where she was going (Milbertshofen), I promised to watch over her and help her get off at Scheidplatz. When I tried to do so the stupid bitch said, "Wait, I will get off when I want to", and went back to sleep.

Catch me again trying to protect a vulnerable young woman shuttling between Münchner Freiheit and Moosach after midnight on public transport when there are drunks around.

Yesterday I checked the online weather forecast for my area, and it said today was going to be cloudy and cool, but mainly dry with little chance of rain. This morning I checked the weather site again, and it hadn't changed. I'm looking at my browser window with wetter.de right now, and it still is showing no rain, just cloudy and a bit cooler. But my other window, the old fashioned one with glass in it, is showing me a torrential downpour?!?!!

I used to think that weather forecasting was just a little more accurate than that. On the up side, it should mean a lot less people at the renaissance faire this afternoon so I'm finding a silver lining even in these clouds.

All the schools in our area have their schnuppertag on the same day. Precisely how are the kids supposed to choose, when they can only get to one?

Grrrr.

Really irritating.