What irritated you today?

1,540 posts in this topic

Rape someone, then keep tabs on her. She gets an abortion, you get 10 grand.  I love the Excited States for their freedom and opportunity.

Confound it. Earthquakes are all right in their place, but I'm real NIMBY about them. This was just too close.

M 2.7 - 1km S of Vallejo, CA

DYFI intensity map

It was just a big BOOM feeling and a little shake, but give these things a little time and the next thing you know, there goes the neighborhood.

And this is a lousy map. Those who know California know that the Sacramento River's delta extends from the Bay way back east for miles and miles.

Yes, I'm pissed off. Confound plate tectonics and all their progeny.

People like Gary Lineker and Alex Scott at the World Cup, banging on about the terrible human rights record of Qatar.

Alex Scott, " A whole heap of fans from LGBTQ+ communities are not travelling here. On Infantino, you are not gay. You will never understand what it is like to travel to somewhere out of fear. I have conversations about whether I should have stayed at home". (sic)

And yet, there you are in Qatar, show some bollocks and stay away.

The wetwipe, virtue signallers making all the right noises, then taking the money.

And sticking wirh the World Cup; the incessant cheating today by Saudi Arabia feigning injury at every opportunity.

This constant going to ground interupts the flow of the game, and is just plain cheating.

It could be stamped out by FIFA, but obviously they're still waiting for their spine to be delivered.

There's a world of difference between football players and rugby players.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1710953/argentina-world-cup-fifa-falklands-song-england-france-messi

This is just as childish and stupid as English football fans chsnting" Two World Wars " when England play Germany.

Given the state of the Argentine political scenario in 1982 with executions and torture of left wing students, trade unionists etc. by a merciless fascist dictatorship, it would be like modern German football fans singing pro- Hitler songs.

Some people never learn. That includes some of the Argentine World Cup squad who actually play in the Premier League and are loved by their fans in England.

Over the years football has ended up in the gutter.

As Oscar Wilde said, "Rugby is a game for barbarians, played by gentlemem. Football is a game for gentlemen played by barbarians".

And it seems par for the course to feign injury at every opportunity these days, known as cheating back when I was a referee.

Argentina are particularly good at this, and Messi is not excluded either. How I despise cheats.

Vive la France.

From yesterday, actually, but customers at work.

We close at 8pm, and at 7.45pm the place was absolutely packed yesterday!

Do these people not realise that we also have homes and family to go back to after work, and that we have a short weekend anyway???!!!!!!!

One guy wanted to buy cigarettes, but didn´t know which ones he should buy, and asked me.

I explained to him that I am a non-smoker, and thus haven´t got a clue when it comes to cigarettes, and unfortunately couldn´t help him.

He spent another couple of minutes looking at the selection and then started asking me about them again.

My reply was that things had not changed in the past couple of minutes and that I still, unfortunately, knew nothing about them!

(got quite a few sniggers from other customers, but WTF?!)

44 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

From yesterday, actually, but customers at work.

We close at 8pm, and at 7.45pm the place was absolutely packed yesterday!

Do these people not realise that we also have homes and family to go back to after work, and that we have a short weekend anyway???!!!!!!!

One guy wanted to buy cigarettes, but didn´t know which ones he should buy, and asked me.

I explained to him that I am a non-smoker, and thus haven´t got a clue when it comes to cigarettes, and unfortunately couldn´t help him.

He spent another couple of minutes looking at the selection and then started asking me about them again.

My reply was that things had not changed in the past couple of minutes and that I still, unfortunately, knew nothing about them!

(got quite a few sniggers from other customers, but WTF?!)

Fully understand your irritation👍

Germans love to switch car insurance right at the end of the year. Going back about 20 years on a particular New Year's Eve and getting ready to go to a party, three people wanted to change their car insurance before midnight.

That ruined my New Year's Eve. I complied but vowed never to offer car insurance since- and have kept my vow. So much so, I don't even do our own car insurance but pass it on elsewhere!👍

Life's too short...

I thought you had to cancel your KfZ-Versicherung by 30.11, but that was changed to avoid 30m people cancelling at the same time😉

3 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

I thought you had to cancel your KfZ-Versicherung by 30.11, but that was changed to avoid 30m people cancelling at the same time😉

Dunno now. But that was over 20 years ago. Probably a Sonderkuendigungrecht because of a price increase and the clients hadn't yet done anything about it- but maybr had but not finalised a new provider. Can't remember.

16 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Why did you answer your phone on New Year's Eve?

I was in a GmbH at the time with other losers😂

At some stage later, I decided to do my own thing thanks to my Nicole's insistence! 

I would answer the phone for an emergency with a client these days on New Year's Eve if it made sense. But not for car insurance! Not worth the hassle.

Your question is a good one, fraufruit! What is important? Life- work balance!❤️