What irritated you today?

1,507 posts in this topic

What irritated me this second ago: I decided to clean up my contact list in my main mail account and find that people I have sent a single mail to are now listed in my contacts.

I had to register my students on my course and asked them to send me an email with their user ID. As is par for the course, some did not give their right names, so I had to send them a mail requesting them to do so.

They are not my friends, they are not my contacts, I will not be writing to them again - so why are they now on my contact list? :angry:

I have liked my yahoo mail but it is going steadily downhill. We used to say: "if it ain't broke ... etc " Why can yahoo not keep their fingers off something that is working fine?

nor my other half, nor my closest cousin. :/

I gotta use that somewhere else...

Not the same person by any chance??? :ph34r:

I made some relatively major changes to our accounting system yesterday. I missed an error when I was testing it and that cost us 9 hours of runtime between 11:00 PM and 8 AM, when I got to work and was able to fix it. Things are really stressful right now, with all of the end-year activities, and I really, really irritated myself by missing that error last night.

Need a doctor to fill out a form for health insurance. Called him, he said I have to go out there for him to fill it out. Great, highlite of my day. Can't wait to sit on a tram for half an hour to ride out there, wait in line, see him, ride back, etc.. Whole day devoted to something so irksome and tedious. FFS...

I made some relatively major changes to our accounting system yesterday. I missed an error when I was testing it and that cost us 9 hours of runtime between 11:00 PM and 8 AM, when I got to work and was able to fix it. Things are really stressful right now, with all of the end-year activities, and I really, really irritated myself by missing that error last night.

I got a text message saying that the same thing happened today (well, late last night). FUCK!!! Not quite the same thing, but one of my programs crashed on something that I had to change at the last minute. I stayed at work relatively late testing this shit. I'm just under too much stress at the moment.

I'm irritated because I've tried to be understanding towards my neighbours and their children, it's difficult with 3 kids, I know that, but to let them run around and play from 02:30 to 03:30 and just shout at them now and again to be quiet is not being neighbourly. I have to get up at 05:30 and do 8 hours of teaching today and boy, am I starting the day in a bad mood!

I got blitzt yesterday.

It really irritated me that they were not stood where they always stand, and where I know to look for them!

Nasty people!

Not today or even yesterday but 2 days ago, a friend's girlfriend and therefore him said they got annoyed by me talking in memes on facebook etc so asked me to stop rather than just not reading what I right. Also I worked out with the help of another friend that original friend is an insecure show off... And also realised recently that my choice of degree in in German has been based entirely off the Germany I know as a holiday destination... but anyhoo

My friend will fly to our homeland (Indonesia) during christmas, and since November she asked me whether I want to give my familly christmas gifts which she can bring. I prepared gifts for my nephews and niece, they got early notice about this and are crazy happy. It's a 2 kg package.

I sent my package via dhl to my friend in Freising, she wasn't there as the postman came, so the package was dropped in DHL Filiale near S-Bahn Fresing. She uses S-Bahn 2 times a day to go to work, but never somehow managed to pick up it up. Now the package is sent back to me by DHL. Yes, it is somewhere there, and my friend will fly tomorrow morning. :(

The Kita! Argh. Invited some photographer to take photos of the kids, without parental permission, and then expect us to cough up €20 for some awful portraits! This keeps happening, last time it was paying for 'sports'. Er, ok, I have a kid but last time I checked, this did not make me a hole-in-the-wall. Argh! I won't pay for the photos and wonder what they're going to do with them. Why couldn't they ask parents to 'order' them? Why do they have a copyright on images of our kids that we did not request?

Otherwise, schoenet Wochenende Leut+

I'm not sure irritated is strong enough a word, as it just about gave me a heart attack.

I wrote a program to delete specific datasets in the production environment. I tested it as well as I could without actually running the procedure that does the actual deleting, and it seemed I was selecting the correct datasets and only the correct datasets, so I turned on the delete procedure. All of a sudden it lists all of the datasets in the library. My heart started pounding, as I thought I had just deleted everything.

I forgot that this procedure always lists all datasets unless you set the "nolist" option. My heart was still pounding for about 5 minutes after realising this, though.

Repeatedly getting this response

[#2001] Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

I'm not sure irritated is strong enough a word, as it just about gave me a heart attack.

I wrote a program to delete specific datasets in the production environment. I tested it as well as I could without actually running the procedure that does the actual deleting, and it seemed I was selecting the correct datasets and only the correct datasets, so I turned on the delete procedure. All of a sudden it lists all of the datasets in the library. My heart started pounding, as I thought I had just deleted everything.

I forgot that this procedure always lists all datasets unless you set the "nolist" option. My heart was still pounding for about 5 minutes after realising this, though.

DELETE FROM T_CUSTOMERS <return> WHERE ID = 123;

<rant begin>

I live in town and I work in Garching.

One out of every three U6's goes all the way to Garching, the others only go to Münchener Freiheit, Kieferngarten or Fröttmaning.

I cannot take the U3's.

So I can only take one out of every 5 U-Bahn's that stops at Odeonsplatz.

A lot of the people that come past Odeonsplatz only need to go to Universität or Münchener Freiheit.

So why do they all cram in to the only U6 I can farking take when they can take any of the other U's that are all half farking empty and come every farking 2 minutes, selfish feckers!!!

<rant ended>

Have a great day people

Stupid collegue key account manager and the morons in support who cannot just ask the correct questions when a customer reports "issues". I know this application has had 2 weeks of development in the past 13 months, I know it's not perfect, but if they actually communicated with the customer, they'd be able to avoid about 80% of these issues from reaching my inbox.

"Oh, I get an error saying Server error: please see server log"... so where's the F-ing log?

"Oh, why is this the way it is?" - RTFM

Additionally, is it too much to ask that support people get familiar with a product we sell, so I can go back to coding?

As the day goes by I am getting increasingly irritated.

Yesterday evening I sent two emails out, both to people I know really well, and who would need to by surgically removed from their i-phone/i-pad - thingies if they ever wanted to get a life.

Thus, I know damned-well that my emails have been read, but do you think I have received a reply from either of them?

No, not a peep!

It's incredibly irritating because I need their replies in order to plan the coming week and at the moment I can't!!!

AAAaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Edit: I should have posted this a LOT earlier - email number one has just been replied to! (and no, it's nobody from TT, who might have read this...!)