What irritated you today?

1,499 posts in this topic

A Franconian guy bored me to death with a 5 minute speech about how great Franken land is, asked me "what are you for a land's man" and four seconds into my answer lost interest, and turned around.

Worked a 12 hour shift, serving people who blurted random insults about my country when I asked them what they wanted to order, then instead of saying goodbye would wave saying, that they "find it better" that I live here.

This frickin' bronchitis has been irritating me for over a week. Antibiotics don't even seem to help much. Go the fuck away!

Not having won the Euromillions, again!!!

Maybe I should buy a ticjet :rolleyes:

Well, like the Eskimo Dale Winton always said, you've got to be Inuit to win it.

British politicians & financial 'experts' on the BBC lecturing Europe about how to run an economy. I suppose the Brits know all about how to spot massive deficits, bankrupt banks, failing consumer confidence & spending but still don't realise people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

My translation memory program has been mucking me about today, making it hard to input the texts that have to be translated. It's taken me more than half an hour.

Spilled orange juice all over the kitchen counter while trying to get the carton open.

Almost made me forget about my ongoing existential crisis.

I'm irritated that my office floor is filthy. I'm not kidding - it looks like it hasn't been mopped in at least 3 years. I asked once to have the cleaning staff mop it, and was told by the secretary that they wouldn't because they have a crappy job at low pay, and it is too much to ask. I am sympathetic, but there are ridiculous conditions for cleaning staff in the US and they still manage to clean the buildings once in a while!

I am irritated because I hardly didn't get any sleep last night...these darn restless legs with combined insomnia...when I woke up the sun was hiding behind the clouds, just in time for my parents first visit in Munich, and I noticed as I was going to the wash room that my dog had a sick stomach over night (during the time when I actually DID get some sleep) and I had to clean up the mess first thing in the morning (bless her though, at least she knows to go in to the bathroom and not the bed room or living room). To top it all off I was fresh out of coffee in the morning!!! Can't help but wonder what karma hit me in the face:-O I must have done something wrong to someone or something...

The nagging feeling that I crossed the Atlantic just to become a house-husband without any prior knowledge or warning. I try to get some odd things done before getting ready for a couple of afternoon/evening clients and find not only an ice cream stick in the Dishwasher while emptying it out...but the accompanying wrapper.

Fucking seriously? You're a 36 year old woman, we have a baby on the way and should be thinking about how NOT to do stupid shit that might possibly cost us money repairing expensive things like large appliances or doing things that are just plain nasty, and you can't be arsed to actually look at what you're just shoving into the dishwasher any which way hoping that it'll just come out magically clean or *GASP* even just disappear if it doesn't happen to actually BE a dish?

I swear I fell in love with a Kinder Egg with a tornado inside of it.

....I swear I fell in love with a Kinder Egg with a tornado inside of it.

Look on the bright side, think how much damage she could do if you were out working and she was home all day. Be thankful for small mercies. ;)

I swear I fell in love with a Kinder Egg with a tornado inside of it.

You married a German woman. Selber schuld.

I stayed up all night waiting for one of my friends to notice that it was my birthday (timezones right?) Well none of the ones that mattered did... nor my other half, nor my closest cousin. :/

Well this improved my mood.

I fell in love with a Kinder Egg with a tornado inside of it.

I gotta use that somewhere else...

I bought a relatively heavy bathroom storage thingy at Ikea today and had to lug it back home with me by Tram, S- and U-bahn. It was packaged in a long, awkward to carry box and I was trying to get through the S-bahn station to catch my train. The hall I was walking down was pretty much empty and just as I'm getting close the stairwell and walking straight for the one I need to go down, some idiot who's walking the opposite way decides to cross my path to walk on my left, causing me stop abruptly and drop the box that I was clearly struggling with, instead of walking past me on my right. Why??? He had the entire hallway to walk down!!! :angry:

Germans cannot queue! Again today, for about a hundred time a middle aged woman skipped the line and when I addressed her (in English) she looked like she cannot count to three. This happens to me all the time. Brits should teach the entire world how to queue! (I am not a Brit but I had the pleasure of 5 years of queuing British culture :-))