What irritated you today?

1,499 posts in this topic

The SMS at 0750 telling me that I was Sulky and childlike!!

After all I did to "TRY" and help her...

Seriously irritated!

We can't use our UK debit cards to book ferry tickets as they are registered at a German address. If we book in Euros we'll get stung currency conversion fees, and we can't use our german debit card on the net.

Where to stop?

1. The drilling in the flat above me. They seem to drill every couple of weeks. The walls must look like Swiss cheese by now. How much drilling can one flat take? And they start when I'm on the phone.

2. I can't download tmx files. I don't know why. I'm downloading something that should help me with this but I'm not sure and now it's running a scan and it's taking ages and I still don't know if I'll be able to save this tmx file and upload it into my translation memory program etc. etc. etc.

3. The fact that a new client did not contact me fast enough so that I was on tenterhooks for ages.

4. My kitchen is a mess.

Other peeves in the last few days:

1. No bulgur in the supermarkets I go to. Sometimes they offer it, sometimes they don't.

2. Red lentils - ditto.

3. The queue at the main post office in D'dorf last Friday after 5 p.m. A huge building. I got there and was 10th in line. 5 people serving. I got to 3rd position, two post office workers shut their counter and went away, leaving three people serving. The queue grew to over 20 people, still only three servers. All three customers at the counters were taking ages and ages and ages. One foreigner with limited German, one old German who seemed to be talking in circles. In the end, I gave up.

Yesterday's trip from Regensburg to Munich.

1. On the platform: Due to Rail-traffic, the Regional Express to Munich will be 15 minutes late. (you weren't expecting traffic on your rails?)

2. In the Regional Express: Due to construction, this train will not be traveling past Freising, please use the S-Bahn from Freising to Munich.

3. After a 20 minute wait, finally in the S-Bahn: Due to police activity at Moosach this train will not be traveling past Feldmoching. Please use the U2 from Feldmoching to get to the city.

4. After a 15 minute wait for the U2, I finally got home after 3 hours of travel for a usual 1.5 hour trip.

Went downstairs to check out the laundry situation. Could've sworn it was a basement and not a dry cleaners. Why can't you all be like all the other Germans in this town and wear the same shirt three days in a row?

Took a "just to be sure" potency test. 5 days of not being able to do ANY deed

Other half is doing the same thing for fertility...not sure if it's more annoying for him or for me. At least my nurse's uniform turned up in time for when he can *ahem* do the deed again :D

I apparently scheduled my housecleaning chores on the most beautiful spring day imaginable. So beautiful, in fact, complete with singing birds, that I expect Cinderella to twirl by at any moment. Screw the vaccuming, I am outta here. Guess I will just live with the dusty house, how irritating.

At least my nurse's uniform turned up in time for when he can *ahem* do the deed again

what a thoughtful woman. :D

The way that, as I attempted to parallel park in a very small space, I realised I had an audience that would NOT go away until I'd finished the job. There's nowt more irritating!

3. The queue at the main post office in D'dorf last Friday after 5 p.m. A huge building. I got there and was 10th in line. 5 people serving. I got to 3rd position, two post office workers shut their counter and went away, leaving three people serving. The queue grew to over 20 people, still only three servers. All three customers at the counters were taking ages and ages and ages. One foreigner with limited German, one old German who seemed to be talking in circles. In the end, I gave up.

Nina, you might like this by Richard Brautigan. It's about banking, but the principle's the same.

easyJet still having the nerve to say their flights are 'cheap' when apart from all the other shit they add to their already far from 'cheap' flight prices the credit card charge alone is 12.50 euro <_<

quick tip: if you book with easyjet.de you can pay by 'lastschrift' saving the outrageous booking fee you mention.

I booked some flights for my family to fly over, the email confn was in German though but then I logged on and requested a copy in English and hey presto it worked.

am pissed off with Parcel Force and its German counterpart. bastards, seriously incompetent and NOT worth the price.

Two women sitting next to me in a coffee shop talking nonstop about installing stainless steel counters in one of their kitchens. For half an hour. One thing I hate about being in N. Am at the moment -- strangers' inane conversations are much more invasive because they are in my native language.

lots of sheep and they're all bastards...

I'm probably irritated with mysefl more than anything.

Shorty wanted to have a friend to stay overnight, and I couldn't say "no".

So I spent all of yesterday evening listening to ehr saying how much better everything is at home, and that she can't believe that we don't all sit together and eat a cooked meal in the evening!

Well, guess what darling? If you don't like it here, please feel absolutely free never to come again!

.. that little voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me:

Finish your coffee, put on your shoes, take your coat and go to work :blink:

- is it fighting with the little voice that says "TT is wonderful, and I am not addicted, but I just need to check this thread again...?"