What irritated you today?

1,507 posts in this topic

I grabbed the phone, piece of paper en mano with a number, lay down on the sofa ready to dial..and woke up one and a half hours later. The joys of early middle age!!!

An animal got into my potting shed and made a general mess of things in order to get at the cat food. Judging by the chaos, this was no mouse. Given that I've started to see skunks regularly, I think I know who the culprit was... God forbid it's still hiding in there! I've never been sprayed by a Stinktier, but I've experienced a lot of "firsts" lately, so there's a good karmic chance.

Baby of the family in my yard:

post-33917-13424593436472_thumb.jpg

Back to animal proofing and cleaning up...

So called experts telling me what to do with my baby!

It's really OK, Chat Noir. Another five years and you'll be giving expert opinions that brand-new mothers will ignore. It's part of the game! :P

My cold is dragging on, and as a consequence I can feel a cold sore coming on. I've got a black tie event in a couple of days, so I'm going to look like crap! I need a magic pill!

Yes, 1st world irritations, but I haven't been to a black tie event in YEARS. whaaahhh!!!

I want to get back in shape, so I started jogging again yesterday. After about 25 minutes, the muscle around my knee started to freeze up. I went back out this morning, and it started to freeze up after only 15 minutes, and became unbearable by 20 minutes. I think tomorrow I'll try taking some diclofenac before the jog, and see if that helps. I definitely don't want this to force me to stop jogging.

I'm actually well within the normal bmi range, so I don't really need to lose weight. I just need to turn some of the fat into muscle.

You might as well suggest zumba. I'm male, remember? :P

The wife is bringing one of my weight benches and some of my weights with her today, so I'll at least be able to work out a few times a week.

I'm male, remember?

But the adventurous type, non? :lol:

I am a bit irritated because Jay was meant to be going away with his better half, and still has found time to post on here!

Try swimming!

Or try this in the privacy of your own home/office - it´ll have you laughing your socks off just trying to keep up! (don´t forget - laughing uses up calories, and also helps to reduce wrinkles!)

...The wife is bringing one of my weight benches and some of my weights...

see, now there's your problem!

get out 'n ride your bike for a couple hours every day, Jay!

much better on the ol' knees!

The freezer in my little work week apartment is too small to hold the frozen pizzas I just bought. DOH!

Oh, they always know better, don't they?

Last night at Exhibition where I am exhibiting work:

The German - "Why did you do that image like that? (and NOT remotely interested in my answer went on to say) I wouldn't have done it that way. I would have done blah, blah, blah, blah"

Me - "Well, if I had bad breath like yours I'd probably keep my mouth shut for the rest of the evening"

:D

I usually walk the half hour to work, but was running a bit behind today, so I decided to take the tram. The tram was late, but at that point, it didn't make sense not to wait for it, as it would still get me there quicker than walking, or so I thought. The tram finally got there and took me exactly one stop, before informing us that we all needed to exit the tram and wait for the next one.

At that point, it really didn't make sense to start walking, as now I was farther away from work than I was at the previous stop, due to its travelling to the East before heading South.

In the end, I wound up getting to work about 10 minutes later than I would've if I had walked.

people that pull open the left side of a swinging door instead of pushing open the right side (with the green dot)...

post-10916-1347007855793.jpg

ordnung muss sein! B)

I'd pull the door too. As the other door doesn't say drücken on it, I would assume that it might not open. It even looks like the drücken plate has been removed on purpose. A green dot doesn't mean anything to me.

People who pull on the door that says "Ziehen"? Yeah, that's just weird. :lol: