What irritated you today?

1,505 posts in this topic

Kids in my morning class complained about everything. Then the professor I had to turn an application into was 20 minutes late for his office hours. Then the kids in the my second class complained about everything. And I'm pretty sure that someone gave all of the girls in my last class obnoxious pills before the lesson began.

I cannot abide this "anti-authority" parenting model.

Lloyds bank in the UK - last summer I went in to a branch and deliberately removed my overdraft limit to protect me from their absurd overdraft charges, having first confirmed that my card would simply stop working if my money in that account ran out. Now I discover the account is overdrawn and accruing charges. Bastards.

People who jump on a long thread with multiple postings, then proceed to preface their BOOK LONG post by stating "I didn't read the whole thread BUT..."! And then bore us with their thoughts/points that multiple posters before them have made.

Of course I admit to not reading all the complaints in this thread too, so I may be just as guilty today.

People who jump on a long thread with multiple postings, then proceed to preface their BOOK LONG post by stating "I didn't read the whole thread BUT..."! And then bore us with their thoughts/points that multiple posters before them have made.

Sorry, I haven't had time to read the thread.

On escalators it is customary to stand on the right and walk on the left.

If you are on the escalator with your friend, choose whether to stand in front or behind them.

Please don't share a step.

I missed a tram because of you, and because I missed a tram I was eight minutes later than I had planned, and in those eight minutes I went from first or almost-first in the line of people to be seen to eleventh.

Swines.

This was written as someone's status on facebook, and it irritated me:

If Richard Branson insists on doing his own commercials (can you spell egomaniac?), the least he could do is have his teeth fixed. Gross!

I wonder if my comment irritated her:

I guess that is the consequence of not being American.

I guess it must be strange for some that, "we" do not all go in for the veneers and stuff. Now if she had said it about Shane MacGowan, I would have understood....

I ran out of greenies already, guess I'll start neging everyone.

don't be offended.

edit:

got em back, Forgot what sarabyrd said about the time allotment.

Confound it! I just realized that since it's the first day of summer, the days will be getting shorter!

Today is the first day that my back is good enough to go back in front of a summer school class of flunkies that couldn't care less if it was me or a potted plant at the front of the room. While getting ready this morning I realize that I am out of coffee filters. Skipping my morning coffee I think to myself, I will just go in early drink a nice cup of coffee at my desk and then leisurely make my way to the classroom as I had prepared the lesson, cd, and photocopies, having left everything on my desk on Friday, ready to be picked up this morning. As I took the elevator up, I thought, how nice the sun is shining and cause I have everything ready, I will even be able to read the news while I drink that cup of coffee I was longing for. As I approach my office, I see my plant in the hall perched precariously on a radiator and see that my office door is open. I get there and look inside only to see an extra desk crammed in the room, and EVERYTHING FROM MY DESK GONE. Photos, pens, coffee cups, photocopies, books. Even my f*ing telephone and printer. The desk drawers are open and everything in them is gone as well. Change for coffee, snacks I nibble on and my account statements, bills, etc. that I kept in my drawer in my office that is normally locked. Now it's probably 36 degrees in the office cause the windows have been closed all weekend and it is hot out, and I'm sweating, severely under-caffeinated and standing there thinking "WTF???" At that point I see a very large box at the end of the room. Inside it is all of my books, pens, food, a dirty coffee cup, my bills, banking stuff, photocopies, heaps of paper, paper clips etc. ALL F*ING THROWN HELTER SKELTER ON TOP OF EACH OTHER. So I found a marker, wrote on the white board that class was cancelled, inquired as to whether I had been fired (I haven't), took the box and went home and back to bed. Back is aching from carrying the box (I know that was dumb). Apparently university senate decided that the offices should fit 3 people from now on and facilities management just roared in on the weekend and dumped out all the desks (there were 2 in each office), replacing them with 3 slightly smaller ones, leaving chaos in their wake. You actually have to climb over one of the desks to reach the bookshelf or open the window. I am really counting the days.

Not what irritated, but who.

And my wife is about to walk through the door telling me as usual I got nothing done today.

I neatly folded all the clothing my small child has grown out of, placed it neatly on the bed and turned my back to get a box to put it all in. I even had her helping me, chatting away about how it is so important the clothes stay neat.

That very sensible precaution fell out of her head as soon as she and the piles of clothing were alone. She seemed to confuse them with fallen leaves and started jumping. Argh.

And my wife is about to walk through the door telling me as usual I got nothing done today.

Tell her you've been saving all your energy to do her! And then follow through. B)

I'm spending a bunch of money to stain the deck and all hardscape at the old place. My German renters are whining that it's taking too long [even though it looks phenomenal]. Irritating!

I have to spend the rest of the day gearing up for what has become a legal battle against the German next door. Beyond irritating, it's he is a F-ing nightmare.

I was irritated with Cat yesterday who didn't clean the bathroom and spent all afternoon on the internet instead.

Requirement to change password yet again. And even more irritating is the way it always takes me at least a couple of days to remember each time I get back to my desk to use the new password.