Half-day trips with kids around Munich

20 posts in this topic

Hello!

With warm weather finally settling in I am searching for the new places to go with my 2 kids for a half day trip on weekdays or a day trip over the weekend. I really would love to compile an exhaustive list of places to go with active and curious kids who are up for almost anything. I am looking for farms where kids can watch the animals, maybe ride a tractor and a pony. A nice setting is a bonus. In fact, any places that cater to kids, would really be helpful. I will start the list with what I know and I ask you all who know of more places to please contribute. 1,5 hour max drive from Munich. Less is better, of course.

- Poing park

- Blindham Bergtier Park

- Maerchenwald

- Bavaria Park

- Legoland

- Tegernsee for a nice boat ride and a playground at one of the stops

- Munich zoo

I tried going to Neubiberg hoping to find there a farm but it turned out to be nothing more than a few animals behind the fence and a small playground packed with local kids.

Really anything new and away from playgrounds around the area is very welcome to show up on the list. I am especially grateful for tips on places where we can ride some ponies.

Thank you!

and in the summer months there is normally a maize maze in Grasbrunn which is good fun - they also have a trampoline and pedal gokarts.

check out: http://www.gut-kerschlach.de/, it's about 10 minutes SW of Tutzing, has lots of animals to see, especially horses and cows, plenty of hiking/biking trails, and a kick-ass cafe. Great for a half-day outing with small kids

Thank you all for contribution. Could you please elaborate on the Grassbrunn? where exactly is this maze?

@ Pas: you are in vaterstaetten. I think there is supposed to be a farm with pony somewhere there? Is that right?

Yes. Next to aldi. To be honest I've never actually gone in but there are loads of people there on a nice day.

I stayed at a Pony Ranch recently for a parent/kid's weekend. It was great, really nice setting in Brannenburg (south of Rosenheim), about an hour by car from Munich, depending on where you live. They have pony riding on the weekends and if your kids are old enough, you can sign them up for real riding lessons there. In the summer kids can come and stay there on their own for a week.

Ponyhof St. Margarethan

They have some animals for the kids to pet and a small playground, and in the summer there is apparently a kiosk/beergarden (was not open yet in March).

Mark your calendar for June 2 (public holiday, Christi Himmelfahrt) -- that's when they have their Open House, and pony rides are free!

Pas shall we get some TTers down to Blindham of a Friday afternoon?

Based on someone's suggestion we went to Blomberg yesterday and it was great fun for a couple of hours.

http://www.blombergbahn.de/

I am urgently searching for a place to take my kids on Easter Friday. We would love to hop on a train and go somewhere nice for a day trip with kids (5 and 3), have a nice Easter Brunch and have an opportunity to spend some time outside. Since the weather is not playing along, the Alps are not really an option any more. Anyone has any ideas? Any nice little town? A castle? Anything fun for children and not too far away.

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions!

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

There are so many things you can do with kids in the outdoors around munich, so maybe this listicle I found helps you to choose the right trip: Hiking with kids - 10 familiy-friendly tours in Bavaria. I was hiking with the kids at the Blomberg mountain in Bad Tölz recently (4 km, 3 hour hike) and went to the summer toboggan run afterwards which was a lot of fun!