Moving companies in Frankfurt

7 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

as I will move to Bad Homburg in the near future, I have to start looking for movers. Are there any TT'ers in Frankfurt or nearby areas that can recommend a Moving company or warn me against one that I should not use.

Any tips are greatly appreciated

Thanks

Fign

I used Pepp recently for a move within Frankfurt. Very good, full service, no complaints. A bit pricey but worth it.

Could you share with me their contact details? Also, are they able to communicate in English??

We moved from Frankfurt to Darmstadt recently and company that we used was Anton Mayer.

They offered us the most competitive rate (and there was a LOT of difference in the quotes) and we were very satisfied with the service. They were excellent.

I was a bit worried as I had heard some horror stories about moving companies charging people extra than original quote and making them pay this on the spot or else they won't deliver the stuff. This happened to two colleagues of mine. But we needn't have worried with Anton Mayer they were extremely professional.

Yes they are based in Idar-Oberstein but do a lot of work in Frankfurt area too.

I can recommend a moving service to AVOID!.

After living in Germany for over 12 years my wife and I decided it was time to move back to the USA.

We had several moving companies conduct an estimate on moving all the things in our house INCLUDING a vespa scooter I restored

Michels-umzug, michels-umzug.de, was by far the cheapest. That should have been a red flag, but the guy seemed nice and I thought he was honest.

The "estimate" was off by thousands and even though he assured me it was the 'complete end to end cost', when the container arrived, I was further charged for customs clearance of my Vespa Scooter,. This was AFTER the "final" bill was paid and I was told no further monies were owed.

Of course as I was out of Germany, they claimed they were not liable and I had to pay the extra fees.

My recommendation is to stay away from this mover and dont believe their price!!!

Reviving this thread in case anyone has some more recent recommendations. I am doing a small move within Frankfurt, although there are a few larger items which will have to be delivered via the terrace, so I need a company that has an external lift.

Any recommendations very much appreciated.

I used Blaue Radler in Bornheim when I moved from Frankfurt to Darmstadt this year. One guy came and estimated how many movers and how much time they need. In the end you pay the driver and movers by the real time they needed and they needed less time than they estimated. Payment was cash on departure at the place where I moved to.

They were all nice guys, careful and nothing got broken.