Retort needed against 'Atomkraft nein danke'

339 posts in this topic

Look at the difference:

You are 20 years old and you complain that the fairies did not leave you any money for your wisdom teeth!?!?!?

"If you really believe that a fairy comes and leaves money when you lose a tooth, you are naive."

"If you really believe that a fairy comes and leaves money when you lose a tooth, you are a fuckwit and need psychiatric help"

Which one is the proper response again?

I once had this cool perspective explained to me while doing a course. It was actually a group fitness instructing course and the context was why we should not take people's attitudes, facial expressions and ways of expressing things personally.

If there are 2 people in the room, there are 3 ways of looking at the situation. Your perspective, the other person's perspective, and then the reality. You're never going to be able to fully comprehend the other person's perspective, as there are so many contributing factors which you just couldn't know about. If someone's coming across negatively, it doesn't mean that they hate your class. Maybe she has a scowl on her face because she lost her keys in the changeroom. Maybe he looks grumpier than usual because he didn't have time to eat breakfast. Maybe that lady in the corner has a headache.

The point was that different people have different ways of communicating things, and you're never going to be able to get inside of their head to be able to fully comprehend exactly where they're coming from. So we learnt that the best approach is to just give everyone the benefit of the doubt, be less suspicious of people's intentions and be happy fulfilling what we feel is important according to our perspective.

It's an awesome way of looking at things in all aspects of life. It doesn't always work because on occasions, due to our own perspective, we are more sensitive or suspicious than usual. Or sometimes, someone just totally rubs you up the wrong way, which means that the 'give the benefit of the doubt' approach goes out the window. It certainly helped me be more certain of myself in teaching aerobics though.

Microinequities

If you're interested in that sort of thing Microinequities may be something worth reading up on for you.

Yes, you can only control what you do but you are also in control of that and awareness of how that may be being received is a very useful tool.

True, Dingoface's post is waaaay worse and thanks for the clarification.

Words are incredibly powerful things. Used by somebody who knows what they are doing they can be like a brain surgeon with a scalpel, sadly a lot of the time round here they're like giving a flamethrower to a three year old.

So thanks for the lecture, pas. Who are you trying to preach to? Few of us are not guilty. But to be "condemned" for "accusing" someone of being naive it is petty. If you chose to address others for being offensive, I would have no problem - but not this.

I do remember this incident ...

Oh come on sugar. You take a swipe at pretty well everybody on the thread and want to get nothing back.

One can play the game , two can play the game.

Example? Do not call me sugar, that is sexist, or may I refer to you as sugar daddy?

It's not sexist it's patronising.

No big deal on the insult scale, but I do think you need to stop throwing stones - windows might get broken.

Why? The intent was clear.

I do notice you've missed off what that was in response to though...

I do wonder why you have such a problem with this.

It is difficult to discuss with you, pas, you are full of contradiction. I do not want to be sparring partners with you. Post something concrete and maybe we can discuss then.

AG answered your question:

I was referring to Gman's position in relation to the above post and I called that position naive. I called it naive with the intent of expressing strongly that, in my opinion, (what seemed like) Gman's unconditional trust that the governments will do what is right is misguided.

True, Dingoface's post is waaaay worse and thanks for the clarification.

So: The intent was explained to you. You seemed to grasp it. Yet less than three hours later you post.

Why? The intent was clear.

Oh and I do not have a problem with your "discussion" with lakey - it goes with the territory. I just felt that you were blustering on like an innocent babe.

"You called someone naive that is oh sooooo insulting. How dare you, next time think before you write because there are people here who have different levels of English ...."

:lol:

I'm either full of contradiction or you're not seeing what I'm saying...

I just found it curious that Aussie Girl was claiming to not trying to be insulting with that post.

I fear your glasses may be a little less than rose tinted with regards to my posts.

Oh I know I'm not innocent, however I'll admit that and it usually takes a lot to pull me in. Since you're almost as good at Parnel at pulling in quotes from me and stringing them together without context try and find me doing something like that with you despite you throwing hook after hook out there. I don't believe I've bit?

I actually think Aussie Girl sees the point where as you're making it personal.

I think Orla's point relates to the culture of the forum and the fact that there's often snitchiness going on. Which funnily enough, was also your point Pas in questioning me. Funny that most of our views probably aren't that far apart from each other.

Since you're almost as good at Parnel at pulling in quotes from me and stringing them together without context try and find me doing something like that with you despite you throwing hook after hook out there. I don't believe I've bit?

How far in a chain of quotes do you want to go back to. I thought what I posted made your pointing your finger and someone who calls another "naive", a little like the pot calling the kettle black. The quotes are posted with the link. If people are interested in the context they can click onto the post.

You "noticed I didn't post what the quotes were in response to". I didn't, because it made no difference to me.

However now that you mentioned it, I did go back and what did I find?

If I lived in a country and arrogantly and ignorantly disregarded the natives stance and also did not agree with the majority, I would move to another country. e.g Japan maybe?

That, pas, was offensive. If you cannot see it but rather point your finger at others for being offensive ... *shrug*

Really , that was offensive. I'd never have guessed.

Orla, probably cos we're on completely different wavelengths you're not getting what I'm saying so I'll just give up.

I came across this balanced article in my twitter stream:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/apr/26/obesity-smoking-more-dangerous-radiation?CMP=twt_fd

"Waaah, Atomkraft: Nein Danke"

"Waaah, we don't want to build the infrastructure to use wind because a tree might be hurt"

"Waaah, we dont want power lines near us"

"Waaah, coal is dirty"

Yeah well then go live in the fucking forest and dont use any power and leave the rest of us alone you hypocritical green until its in my back yard fucks.

On top of the objection to power lines in the region, there is also concern about animals like the black stork, the red kite..

Concerns about the red kite?!? Those things breed like rats don't they? They introduced 5 kites to where my mum n dad live in England a few years back, and now there are literally hundreds of them. Any time you look up, you'll see them everywhere.

1 hour ago, theGman said:

Well done Germany, how is that "Atomkraft nein danke" working out?

The green movement is the biggest risk to the environment by quite a wide margin.  Drives me mad to think of those idiots proud to have moved germany from safe clean atomic energy to poluting and dangerous (deaths per unit of energy) sources.