1 Year at a StudienKolleg

28 posts in this topic

It might also be possible to do the final exam at the Studienkolleg Munich (the 'Feststellungsprüfung' after which your education is regarded as equivalent of the Abitur) as an external student, i.e. without having attended the classes there. Again, check with them and see

http://www.studienkolleg.mhn.de/n2_externe_e.html

However, I don't think that this would be a very good idea.

Not really what you're asking, but a young Czech friend of mine went the StudienKolleg route about 15 years ago, then did BWL. The last i heard was that she was doing very well, careerwise. She had done some VHS German beforehand. I remember her having a good time at the StudienKolleg. A very international bunch, and they had good parties.

Sorry y'all i dont know how to quote yet so..

Nenette-thank you very much I dont know how I overlooked that during my research.

However I've given it thought and yes I do think just attending the SK is the way to go. plus nothing good comes easy,eih? maybe it'll all pay off one day.

@janjan-you just convinced me with the 'p' word B) hehe

cool,i also attended a VHS .sounds not so anstrengend then,well i do know that i'll have to work hard for the final exam but a good crowd and a good time would'nt hurt.

Sorry y'all i dont know how to quote yet

Click on the "MultiQuote" button at the bottom of the post you want to quote and then on "Add reply".

I see. thank you very much for your contribution. The things is,I live in Nürnberg with my husband and the Uni Erlangen is a few minutes drive so after the StudienKolleg is out of the way my whining days are over. But it seems like there is no way out so,just gonna have to wing this one for the one year-that is if i even get in as now it appears that passing the entry exam isnt a guarantee that one gets a place. Oh well..I will definately come back on this post and let everyone know what happened incase there should be someone in the future in my position.Thanks again.

Just wondering how your situation ended up? What you ended up doing? Im in the same situation and curious :)

Just wondering how your situation ended up? What you ended up doing? Im in the same situation and curious

oh man, i was so stressed out back there am really sorry i didnt come back and get back to you risse. did you make it?

i did. it was the bestest thing i coulda done for then situation. went to sk and worked my booty off..at the university now 3rd semester kickin ass, i think :)

On the real though, if anyone is ever in this situation that i was in and is as verzweifelt as i was all i can say go to SK, by all means go there, it really is worth the hustle.