Slackline practice in the English Garden

140 posts in this topic

Okay - well once (if!) the weather has taken a turn for the better I'll post on here - probably for a Saturday afternoon. Can bring poi, clubs, diabolos etc along too...

Hi!

I've got 25 Gibbon Classic and 15 Gibbon Jibline. Practicing about two months and fill myself as little bit experienced newbie =)

I know at least two usual places of Munich slackliners:

North EG

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=48.162733,11.607903&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=42.224734,79.013672&t=h&doflg=ptk&z=16

South EG

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=48.148735,11.588642&hl=en&sll=48.148735,11.588642&sspn=0.008719,0.01929&t=h&z=16

There is also Munich slackliners FaceBook group with a pretty active community:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/slackinmunich/

We live close to the Schwabinger See so used to train at the North point. I'm there with my son for one-two hours almost every evening. If the weather is good enough today we'll come as well. I'm thinking about something between 14:00 and 16:00. But probably will go even earlier =)

Wow! It's soo nice to see that this thread is still alive :) I am off to vacation in 4 days but if the weather's gonna be nice after 15th August, I'm definitely in for some slacklining again - and so cool that more people with slacklines appeared, yay!!

Hi guys,

Weather looks great for this weekend... 4pm on Saturday?

Whose in?

1. MrBeFishy (has slackline)

Hi guys,

Weather looks great for this weekend... 4pm on Saturday?

Whose in?

1. MrBeFishy (has slackline)

2. rodentia (absolutely beginner but wanna give a shot ;) don't have any slackline)

I've also got a slackline and I'd be happy to bring mine along as well if there's a place for 2 of them.

Let me know!

No more takers? Let's use the same meeting point Oedipa used - at the bus stop on the road that goes through the south part of the garden. The spot I usually use isn't far away from that - but I guess it's going to be really busy there today, so we might have to head further north!

My map probably is not actually very helpful - as the bus stop is further down, closer the the tower.

Fingers crossed for good weather this week... Anyone up for a slackline session in the EG sometime this week? --dani

Hello everybody,

i recently found out about slackline, was one of those situations where you first here about something, and then suddenly you see it all around you :)

Looking forward to your next meeting, hope you also accept beginners :D

What a rubbish stunt. Not even a proper slackline with the appropriate tensioners.

And don't get me started on the poor belaying rig.

[/ironic]