Slackline practice in the English Garden

140 posts in this topic

Ok, so here's the thing.

I recently (and finallly!!) purchased a 25m long and 50mm wide slackline and am curious whether there's anyone out there who'd be interested in some practicing in Englisher Garten once the weather gets nice again. I, however, have a strong suspicion that not more than 2 people would be able to practice at the same time (3 if I manage to figure out how to solve the problem of putting something in the middle so as to divide the slackline in 2, possibly 3 parts - best idea I came up with is dragging an empty augustiner crate along but yes, you are right, this is probably the stupidest idea ever :D ).

I'm a complete beginner, did it only once indoors a couple of weeks ago but am completely in love with it and decided to go for the "learn as you go" approach, since I couldn't find any organized trainings offered here in Munich. A friend of mine said that he might join me once I finally start, but I kinda hope for the more the merrier solution that might possibly include a beer or two or five at the beergarden afterwards and/or maybe even finding more people with slacklines out there.

I'd add a cool inviting picture to wrap it up, one that'd make you all wanna buy a slackline right away and join in and whatnot, but unfortunately I haven't the faintest idea how to do it. :shrugs:

I would be interested in doing a bit of slack lining. The last time I did it was in a camp site in western Canada, its a lot of fun and I was thinking about doing it again. If you have the slack line - just let me know!

Hi, portally! Cool!

If you have the slack line - just let me know!

I recently (and finallly!!) purchased a 25m long and 50mm wide slackline

...so lol yes, I have a slackline, and am offering to share it ;)

But uhmm, aren't you in Berlin? :D

Hi,

that sounds great!

I tried it once ages ago, but would like to try it again.

Are you also interesed in juggling? I play devil stick, pois and are also able to juggle with 3 balls.

If the weather is fine at the weekend it would be nice to hang around in the English Garden (or somewhere else if you prefer) and do some acrobatic stuff.

Cheers :)

Carla

Okay, I'll admit it!

I didn't have a clue what Slacklining was, so went Googling - here's a nice Youtube clip I found:

- it's nothing for me, as I can't balance for toffee, but sure could be fun for people who can!

interested :) , i have messed about on one of these for about an hour, so i'd be starting from scratch too but i would love to learn.

Also Calara82 mentioned juggling, poi, devil sticks ect. I can bring along my juggling stuff (balls, clubs, hoops) as well as my Glow Staff which looks fucking awesome at night.

also i used to work at a juggling store a few years back, i used to be able to juggle 5 balls but i am really rusty atm. I'm sure it will flood back though, so i'd be happy to teach the basics as well as some more advanced moves if anyone is interested.

roll on summer :D

Hi there,

awesome! There are a few folks who seems interesed.

The weather on Saturday and Sunday is not to bad.

Do you feel like giving it a try this weekend?

Cheers

Carla

@hanaboxcar. yup, i'd be happy to teach you. my stuff is back in britain atm but i am going back next weekend so i can bring it all back with me. but i am sure i can find some cheap juggling balls untill then.

@Carla82. either day works for me. I cleared my diary knowing this would be the first warm weekened so that i could spend it laying about in the gardens :D.

So oedipa would you be able to come along one day this weekend? I have a feeling slacklining wouldnt be nearly as much fun without the line :P

Hi there :)

I'd LOVE to join you!!!

I am an absolute beginner as well, but I guess that just makes it even more fun

for everyone ;)

How about Sunday?

Hey you guys!

Wow, who would've thought that this thread is gonna turn into something so colourful and exciting, and that so many people will wanna join, with or without their own ideas - very cool! :impressed: I'd also love to learn some juggling/acrobatic stuff (would, however, never ever come to the idea hadn't it come up, lol), so it's great that we actually have people ready to teach! :)

Unfortunately:(, I'm working this Sun (arrgh!) so I won't be able to do it, but next Sun I'm free as a bird! I know it sounds like a long waiting period (it does to me, too), but at least until then we could maybe figure out what to use as a prop/pillar/however-it's-called to divide the slackline into 2 (possibly 3) parts, so that 3 people can practice on it at the same time...?

I'm talking about something like this... (after 20 minutes and no pic...) Ok, grrrrrrr, now this is getting annoying...can someone please explain me how to insert a photo in a post :D:( It seems that bold/italics/media/smileys are also not klickable any more!

p.s. I *might* also be free this Tue from 1pm, but I'd have to let you guys know in the last minute (like, Tue early in the morning or Mon late in the evening), if that's not a problem!

Btw, that pic hana put freaked the hell out of me :D ; however, robinson's youtube link is close to something I'm seeing myself doing in, like,...50 years time :D

Oh yeah, and about setting the slackline up... I have some kind of instruction manual (barely a manual, but ok) that I got with the slackline, and there are also youtube clips showing how to do it, so I figured if we all read it and watch the clips carefully for about 1000 times, we should be alright... right? :D

slacklining is awesome fun... even if you arent good at it because then you look funny/fall and everyone gets to laugh (including you if the weathers good)

2 quick q's @oedipa

1) where did you buy it from?

2) how much did it cost?

I wont be joining though cause I think someones going to start football again...