Your unfortunate mishaps

23 posts in this topic

Ughh I hate when that happens Lool. I do it all the time since none of the windows at my place have screens.

I woke up one morning and had been lying on my arm so my hand was completely numb. Flipped onto my back and lifted up the numb arm and hand to examine it. Got distracted by something and let go.

Whacked myself in the face. Fortunately I was alone.

I have a feeling I may have already told this story on a different thread but anyway. When I started uni and was feeling slightly drunk on my new-found freedom, I decided to do what most people that age do and fulfil a lifelong dream... of getting my belly button pierced. My mum never allowed it before so I figured, hey, I'm officially an adult now, I can do what I want. So I got it done and the woman covered it with this big plaster to protect it. I was feeling very chuffed with myself but the next morning, I started to feel this sort of burning around my bellow button, where the big plaster thing was so I took it off and saw the skin was red raw. I didn't have time to sort anything out because I had a french exam that morning and, not being able to find any plasters in my shithole of a student house, I attempted to cellotape some kitchen roll on the sore bits and headed off to my exam. All through the exam I could feel it burning and it was really painful. By the time I got to the loos and removed the cellotaped-toilet-roll-makeshift-plaster, the skin where the plaster had been had burned away and was just weeping. I went straight to the doctors (which was embarrassing enough what with the cellotaped toilet roll) and turns out I had had some kind of reaction to the plaster's elasterplast and because it was a sort of burn, it would take a long time to heal. For at least a year afterwards, I had this big brown frame around my belly button - it looked ridiculous, like I'd had a tatoo to frame my piercing or something. Anytime I had to wear a bikini I felt like a right dickhead. Thankfully, it did heal completely in the end but it took a long time!