Two sisters murdered in Krailling, uncle arrested

448 posts in this topic

Thanks.

The things you learn on Toytown. Does explain a lot then.

The downside in this case would seem to be the utter rage that seems to permeate because of the information given out. I'm less than convinced that is healthy for anybody.

Yes of course once the guy is deemed guilty, then string him up - in private. I am not suggesting there should be no trial. But I am in favour of capital punishment in these days where getting the wrong guy is ruled out to a zillionth of a chance by DNA testing. If you have DNA on pertinent items at the crime scene and the guy happens to be the uncle of the girls and he then confesses to having done it (still waiting), why keep the guy warm and fed and entertained for the rest of his life? Makes no sense to me.

OK, OK, now bring on the guys who argue that a stitch-up could lead to the wrong man getting hanged, etc., etc. Seems to me like punishment for crime has become so politically correct it is meaningless in some cases. Give them their kosher food, give them their methodone, let them be rehabilitated, give them parole... OK, OK this guy will never get out... so Why keep the perpetrators of such crimes alive?

Murder is murder, that doesn't change just because the state does it. Capital punishment is a method of showing how society thinks killing is wrong, by killing people.

the utter rage that seems to permeate because of the information given out. I'm less than convinced that is healthy for anybody.

I am shaking my head at this. It is kind of stating the obvious, don't you think?

This is an online "discussion". We are not the police. We are not the court. We will have absolutely nothing to do with what the outcome of anything will be.

How many times have you, and others, condemned the tt lynch mentality - I am not going to go back and look?

Well ok, this one was easy to find:

TT is too often a lynch mob, with an eye for an eye mentality. Let this play out in a court of law.

Is that not going to happen anyway?

We are talking about TWO CHILDREN who were BRUTALLY MURDERED while they were asleep in their beds. And you think emotion can be left outside the door of this thread?

Yet just underneath the above you say:

Anybody hurts my family and I'd want 10 minutes in a locked room with a baseball bat but that still doesn't mean mob rule is the way to go if it's not your own family.

Well, pas, that is not a healthy attitude to have. :ph34r:

What I really want to say is: If you don't want to "hear" the emotion, this is not the thread to be reading. If you do read it, then please stop telling us how we should feel.

One view on it. The other is of course an eye for an eye.

I've come and gone on my feelings about capital punishment over the years. In the end I agree with what you're saying but when you hear about a crime like this I do understand why some people call for capital punishment. It can feel like they should lose their right to life.

What I really want to say is: If you don't want to "hear" the emotion, this is not the thread to be reading. If you do read it, then please stop telling us how we should feel.

I think my point was perhaps missed?

The police give out way more information here in a case like this than I'm used to from the UK. Now it seems to me that part of that is because the lack of a jury system here means the risk of ruining a case because the jury has picked up bias information from the press/police. The result of this is increased anger/rage/emotional stress on the general public who aren't connected to the case.

Is an eye for an eye wrong?

Basically we all know it is wrong, but that doesn't stop us from thinking about it and sometimes actually wanting it, does it?

We would all claim to live in a "civilised society", which we often regard as being in some way "better" than other societies, but our basic nature says yes - kill the bastard!

Somebody who has killed a child, or even two, will obviously bring such emotional reactions in our society and in us as individuals, which is a very good reason for letting the courts decide firstly whether or not this man is actually guilty, and secondly, what should be his punishment.

I am very clear where I stand on this. If anyone hurts one of mine then I would, quite rightly, want to take maximum revenge myself. However, in a civilised society, the law should prevent me from doing that - and that is quite right too.

The police give out way more information here in a case like this than I'm used to from the UK. Now it seems to me that part of that is because the lack of a jury system here means the risk of ruining a case because the jury has picked up bias information from the press/police. The result of this is increased anger/rage/emotional stress on the general public who aren't connected to the case.

So, you think it is better not to know anything so we can all be happy bunnies in our ignorance? That is the alternative.

I guess I am more barbaric and less civilised than I thought I was.

Does turning the other cheek really work for anyone?

Just wanted to add that my post wasn't aimed at you directly Featherlight - it was more a comment on our society in general.

Does turning the other cheek really work for anyone?

There's a huge difference between turning the other cheek and killing someone. People who do wrong should be punished, not murdered. In my perfect world anybody who takes anothers life deliberately should be locked up forever and only leave prison in a box, when they die of natural causes.

Allershausen, I fully agree with you and I am, on the whole, a peaceful person, I would rather back away than get into a full blown confrontation with someone. However, I remember when my first daughter was born, that was the first time I realised I could actually murder someone. Had anyone tried to harm my children, I would probably have looked for revenge myself - and that feeling scared me somewhat because I had never seen myself as that type of person.

I'm not in support of the death penalty myself, but the punishment really should fit the crime.

I think it is better the police are giving out details of the murder than people guessing and speculating for weeks on end when they read only a statement "children brutally murdered in their beds" and maybe conjuring a scenario even worse than what actually happened. In this thread for instance certain wrong conjectures in the beginning have been cleared up during the course of the thread as new details have been released.

I'm not for capital punishment, but I do understand people wanting scum like this sentenced to death. I think murderers should not only be locked up for ever, they should also be sentenced to hard labour the old fashioned way.

I'm a grandmother of an 11 year old girl by the way. The same age as one of the murdered girls.

Robinson - I did not take it personally! It was a serious reflection about myself :ph34r:

I just find it somewhat baffling, that people who say on the one hand that since having children they can't watch anything gruesome, can't watch someone/something being hurt etc. also mention on the other hand that they are now willing/capable of murder (and by slow rather gruesome methods too) for revenge. Perhaps that odd combination is unique to parents, I don't know. But I find it hard to get my head around, I've always been excessively empathic - hasn't made life easy actually, and have always been unable to see anything and anyone suffer regardless. I can imagine and relate to the willingness to kill to stop that suffering, to protect but just can't imagine being able to inflict it (the suffering) myself, regardless of what I believe that person has done or whether or not I think they deserve it.

Actually, reading some of the comments make me shiver. I guess humans in general (good and bad) are simply capable of anything if the circumstances are the 'right' ones.