Two sisters murdered in Krailling, uncle arrested

448 posts in this topic

Anyone who takes along a dumbbell bar and a knife is out to commit a planned murder.

Completely agree it was obviously planned but it's still an unusual way to go about it - a way which is consistent with a mental breakdown.

I only worried that they would treat him to soft if he was sent into psychiatric care.

It could mean the opposite if he is considered too criminally insane and dangerous to ever be released.

There was a recent case in Iceland where the killer was deemed to be criminally insane and he had also planned the murder. He described it as the crazy part of him wanting to do bad things and the sane part of him keeping it under control, however allowing the crazy part to assemble a murder kit in the boot of his car over about a period of 12 months or so. He said he thought he had it under control and in the end he still went and killed the guy, stabbed him multiple times, still very professional about it to the point that he put plastic bags on his feet before going into the house and got rid of all the evidence afterwards. The psychiatrists still say he is severely mentally ill and that he will probably spend more time in mental hospital than he would have spent if he'd gone to prison. Don't know if it is the same with this guy but I guess we will see what the courts say.

World of difference between a psychopath and a 'chemical imbalance'. The whole 'wiring' in a psychopath seems to be different. To a psychopath their actions are entirely justifiable so they never see why they are responsible or there should be a consequence. Given the information available on this story it doesn't sound like this guy is a psychopath. But there's obviously clearly a lot of info not been given.

yeah, I didn't quite mean it like that - I made the point fine in my head but forgot to elaborate at the keyboard :)

I was trying to say that while these evil people do exist, I do not think they are ill to the point that some concoction of brain meds would help them. Thus I would not consider them to have a mental illness and could claim insanity at the time of the crime. Not sure exactly what the law says, but I have a feeling there is a big gray area there and it really depends on the people involved (judge, lawyers, etc.)

I spend more time than one should thinking about , reading up on and wondering what a psychopath/sociopath is. What I can say for sure is there are no 'meds' to 'help' them. I can also say in certain conditions having no consious is a definite advantage. Biology created these monsters for a reason.

The law is a bit of an ass in this area as it assumes we have 'free will' when it's demonstrable that we're highly manipulatable. This is something these people understand very well.

Pray elaborate on that one Pas - what is the reason biology "created" these monsters?? I think it is more that nature just didn't get it quite right...

Well 1% fall into this category so you know one. Not all are killers. Most human beings have huge problems killing others, thankfully, however in a time of war having somebody who is able to command without completely breaking down because they realise their actions are going to send many to their deaths or even in the thick of it being able to kill without breaking down is a definite advantage.

Ever wondered what it feels like to lay off 10,000 workers knowing you will be destroying many of their lives? Not a problem for these people.

A psychopathic or severely disordered personality can't be improved or altered with medication but psychiatry can 'manage' these conditions up to a point with sedatives. That is the argument for keeping the criminally insane out of prison and placing them in a secure treatment facility. There they can be locked up indefinitely and managed more effectively. Mental illness is generally considered curable, mental disorder isn't.

But to put such a person into secure psychiatic treatment the court needs to acknowledge that mental disorder or illness was a significant contributing factor and this has the effect of bringing a murder down to the level of manslaughter. Clearly violent criminals can be both mad and bad at the same time but the very nature of the legal framework requires a distinction to be made.

Some people will lie till they are blue in the face... if my hubby had killed two of my nieces and asked me nicely to provide a false alibi I think I might just do that, especially if I had 4 kids to worry about.

Has the law caught up with technology yet? If he has wounds consistent with a fight and his DNA is at the scene do we believe he is innocent? He knows he has to be proven guilty and has the right to a fair trial. He also has power over his poor wife. In the absence of a confession the problem seems to be ours not his.

Oh well that's it then, don't bother with a court case, Inspector Columbo has solved it.

The court will not accept a case until it has received convincing evidence. That's Colombo's job. 'jever notice how most detective series don't bother going into the sordid business of court hearings? They are seriously, mind-nubmingly boring, no one wants to see that junk. And the culprit manages to look lost and pathetic, not vicious and cunning as he was acting IRL.

Some people will lie till they are blue in the face... if my hubby had killed two of my nieces and asked me nicely to provide a false alibi I think I might just do that, especially if I had 4 kids to worry about.

Do they know that his wife knew that he had killed them? He could have given her another excuse like couldn't sleep and went for a walk, you know the police will suspect me so just say I was home and she might have believed that.

he's in danger of committing suicide

What you mean like in danger of falling onto someones knife several times?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just because it's not what you wanted to hear doesn't mean that it's not useful"

Surely, if the girls were knifed and bludgeoned multiple times the murderer's clothes, maybe also his shoes, would have been splattered in blood, and of course, the clothes could have been disposed of or washed, yet so far I haven't read or heard this possibility mentioned anywhere in the news.

My son and daughter have suggested that since the suspect's wife is giving him an alibi, it may be that she was in on the plot. If true, this is getting worse and worse.

if my hubby had killed two of my nieces and asked me nicely to provide a false alibi I think I might just do that, especially if I had 4 kids to worry about.

Not me! Hell, I'd turn his murderous ass in. In fact, I'd probably want to shoot him myself if he did that to my sister's 2 kids. <_<

KL is probably right, and the wife is in on it. *shudders* So much for blood being thicker than water.

Planted DNA, the policeman's friend.

Are you an OJ sympathizer?

A couple of reports I read hinted at possibly two or maybe even three people being involved and also that they are looking for a third murder weapon since some of the girls' injuries didn't match up to the two weapons they have already secured. :( :(

Are you an OJ sympathizer?

Unfortunately it is not unknown for police, in any country, to plant or falsify evidence to ensure a conviction.

My son and daughter have suggested that since the suspect's wife is giving him an alibi, it may be that she was in on the plot. If true, this is getting worse and worse.

the classic tatort twist in the story