Two sisters murdered in Krailling, uncle arrested

448 posts in this topic

Two girls, Chiara (8) and Sharon (11), were found murdered in their bedrooms yesterday morning in the small town of Krailling between Munich and Starnberg. They had been stabbed and beaten, a knife found in the apartment was used in the attack. Up to now, the police has no suspects and no motive for the horrible crime. The girls' mother and her boyfriend were at his pub 100 m down the road at the time; their father was in Hamburg; there seems to be no custody battle or dispute that could explain such a violent crime. Generally, a knife attack with multiple injuries indicates a personal relationship between the criminal/s and victim/s. There is also no indication of a sexual attack.

It was not uncommon for the girls' mother to leave them at home asleep; she always left the apartment and building doors unlocked so they could always escape in case of any emergency. Therefore, there were no indications of a burglary or other violent invasion.

Gegen 4.40 Uhr früh kam das Paar nach Hause, wollte noch nach den Mädchen schauen. Chiara lag tot in ihrem Kinderzimmer, die elfjährige Sharon soll nach SZ-Informationen noch gelebt haben, wenig später aber den schweren Stich- und Schlagverletzungen erlegen sein. In der Wohnung fand sich auch ein Messer, ob es sich dabei um die Tatwaffe handelt, ist noch unklar. Dem Vernehmen nach sollen auch nachts die Haus- und Wohnungstür nicht immer versperrt gewesen sein - was offenbar nur wenige Personen wussten. So wurden auch keine Einbruchspuren gefunden.

Süddeutsche Zeitung, 25 March 2011

I never cease to be horrified at the inhumanity of some people who claim to be members of the human race.

How can anyone behave in such a terrible way!!!

Again the despicable raises its ugly head. Young children...thank God, I hope the majority of people find it sickening.

I don't want to judge the mother, as I really can't imagine what the poor woman must be feeling. But it just goes to show, that no chances should be taken with children, even somewhere as safe as Bayern, you just never know what kind of idiot is around the corner. I personally don't think that two young children should be left alone at night, especially with the doors open.

I don't want to judge the mother, as I really can't imagine what the poor woman must be feeling. But it just goes to show, that no chances should be taken with children, even somewhere as safe as Bayern, you just never know what kind of idiot is around the corner. I personally don't think that two young children should be left alone at night, especially with the doors open.

Life is not easy when you are a single mother.

@Mistress Kitty: There are never any absolutes on this. Only this week there was a situation where my niece had to leave here children (similar ages) alone for an hour for an emergency trip to hospital with her father (my brother). I am sure she was not happy about it but there was no choice.

We don't know this poor womans situation but it seems that she was on her own and had to go out to work. She clearly made some value judgements that turned out to have tragic consequences which she will have to live with for the rest of her life. Wether she had other options (or could have done something different) none of us know.

I was very lucky in that I never had the pressures that needed my children to be left alone when they were young - but my parents did. They were not well off and my mother had an evening shift at the local hospital to make ends meet. Most times my father was home but, on occasions, he was delayed. It wasn't great for us but there were no other options.

Please don't mis-understand me on this. I am definitely not saying the mother is to blame here..far from it. At the end of the day, the person who done this, would've done it whether the mother was there or not, and now she will have to live with unbearable guilt, thinking that she could have possibly saved her children, when most likely she couldn't.

I was just merely pointing out, that even somewhere as safe as Bayern, which we sometimes take for granted, there are still evil people out there, who will use any chance they get.

@Mistress Kitty: Sorry I misunderstood you. You are right for sure - unfortunately there are evil people everywhere.

I find there is a big difference between leaving your children alone for an hour or leaving them overnight.The mother is going to have to live with this.If she was home then it is possible that it would not have happenned

@Old Erdinger - I agree. Options and support could have been something she did not have. And those two things could have made all the difference to her and her family.

It reminds me that just recently we heard of an acquaintance wanting to leave her 6 year old with her 18month old alone in an apartment while she went across town to pick up her older son from school.

Different dismissal times and a lack of understanding/bending from the Kindergarten (on the same premises) to keep the 6 year old at school until the older brother is finished led her to this decision. It is draining for her to bring them in the morning, go home with the little one, come back noonish to get the young one, go home again, come back 2pm for the older one and go home again.

I praise and commend the person (or people) who stepped up to assist her with her dilemma and NOT encouraging her idea to leave them alone. We just never know what can happen but minimizing the chance is sometimes the best we can do.

If she was home then it is possible that it would not have happenned

She would have been the possible third victim if she was there.

I am definitely not saying the mother is to blame here..far from it.

She will be blaming herself for the rest of her life.

I sincerely hope that it doesn't turn out that she and the boyfriend did it themselves.

This case does sound rather strange to me. Random strangers do not tend to roam the streets walking into strangers' homes that happen to be unlocked to slay sleeping children. The mother returned home from the pub at 4.40 am?

Maybe it was someone in the pub where she worked who knew the kids would be unattended. Reminds me of Maddie McCann. Suppose the door is left unlocked in case of fire. You have to have an escape but you'd never leave your best diamonds that way. I'm putting my money on a man being the culprit.

This case does sound rather strange to me. Random strangers do not tend to roam the streets walking into strangers' homes that happen to be unlocked to slay sleeping children. The mother returned home from the pub at 4:40 am?

There are so many examples of human depravity.. you never know.