Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Parking for RVs, mobile homes, caravans

25 posts in this topic

So we were thinking of bring our caravan over as a means of exploring the area at weekends and also carting our stuff back home. I see lots of trailers and motorhomes parked at the roadside (but no caravans), is this legal for caravans? Failing that, how do I look for caravan storage? What's the German word to search for?

there always seems to be some caravans parked up at Therme Erding, don't know if it's free. Also, you could try Trojanostrasse near Hirschgarten

Caravans may stay not more than 2 weeks in the same parking lot, otherwise you could be fined with € 20.-.

So you eather move it around ever once in a while or go and look for a "Wohnwagen-Stellplatz" for rent.

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hello All,

There has been a old mobilehome/RV parked right in front of my house for about four weeks now. I've never seen anyone go in or out. It's huge and unsightly and I'm frankly sick of looking at it. There's plenty of parking elsewhere in the area.

Where I'm from in the U.S. it's not legal to park these RVs on the street even overnight, but here I see them parked in the same spot for months. Is it legal? If I wanted it ticketed or towed away, who would I call?

Now I'm really normally a live and let live kind of person, but somehow this enormous, old, rusty ship parked directly in front of my house has struck a nerve. I let it go for a month now, but I really don't want it parked there permanently. All the neighbors are asking me when am I going to move MY RV.

I'd prefer to politely ask the owner to just move it, but I've never seen anyone in it. It has local plates.

Thanks!

It seems to be an ongoing problem in and around Trudering. There has been a gigantic rust bucket parked opposite my house for most of the Summer.

Legally they are allowed to park for up to 14 days and then they are required to move on. The only option distasteful as it may seem is to contact the police and they will inform the owner who then has to move it and park it somewhere else, although this does not really solve the problem.

There are a few streets in Trudering that are directly away from housing where they seem to be parked the whole year long but I assume that most owners of these vehicles put them into storage somewhere for the winter that they obviously have to pay for.

I actually find it more annoying than the church bells :rolleyes:

Falls Sie keinen Stellplatz für Ihr Wohnmobil gefunden haben, können Sie es laut ADAC grundsätzlich überall in Deutschland parken, wo es laut Straßenverkehrsordnung nicht verboten ist. Finden Sie ein Schild mit dem Vermerk "Parkplatz", dürfen Sie das Wohnmobil auch hier abstellen. Verboten ist es erst, wenn ein entsprechendes Zusatzzeichen vorhanden, oder Ihr Fahrzeug verkehrsrechtlich nicht zugelassen ist. Beachten Sie außerdem, dass Sie auf Privatgeländen von Restaurants der Tankstellen nur parken dürfen, wenn es der Grundstückbesitzer erlaubt.

As long as it is registered it has every right to park anywhere it is not expressly forbidden.

Personally I can´t really imagine why it would bother anyone more than any other vehicle.

Trudering is green man, even almost middle class suburbia. You keep your big cars, caravans, mobile homes etc in your own parking space/garden not outside someone's house. It spoils the view of all the high rise in Neuperlach. :lol:

If it's a trailer, not attached to a car, it is only allowed to be parked in the same spot for 2 weeks and it's not enough to drive it around the block or push is one spot forward.

If it's a motorhome, it falls under the same rules as any other car.

I was afraid of that. Doesn't seem right that you can park your 25-foot-long, 18-foot-high rust bucket halfway on the sidewalk indefinitely. On this, Germany doesn't have a law?

I would really try the cops Carolyn. The one outside my house was a mobile home but across from me. One of the neighbors on the other side contacted the peelers and the owner had to come and remove it. Well he actually tried the move of driving round the corner and coming back the next day but the neighbour called the peelers again and then that was that.

I am sure Leon is probably right but it is worth a try in any case.

The link for the 2 week info is here: http://www.anwalt.de/rechtstipps/recht-und-wissen-rund-um-wohnwagen-und-wohnmobile_017611.html

Have you looked at the sticker on the license plate? If it is expired, you can definitely call and get it removed. If not, well, you could sneak out in the dark and take the plates off and then call ;)

I think we need a photo of the alleged rust bucket taken from Carolyn's house. :)

(Go out in the night and put a few nazi bumper stickers on it and then call the police.)

I need to change the "has been" to "was". The years of living here has ruined my English. Carolyn should post a pic though and I mean of the rust bucket :D It could even be the same one!

Hi. We are relocating to Freising next spring. We have a German Caravan here in the UK and want to find a place to store it

Any ideas please