How to set up a savings account for Kaution

27 posts in this topic

Vertragsfreiheit doesn't allow for exclusion by nationality, it comes down to the individual persons situation, correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: Could anybody sue the Postbank for declining services due to nationality?

Vertragsfreiheit doesn't allow for exclusion by nationality, it comes down to the individual persons situation, correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: Could anybody sue the Postbank for declining services due to nationality?

as many points here I am not sure on the actual answer but I imagine if you could prove that it is because Nationality you could have a case. BUT

Banks when reject you they clearly state that could be by a number of reasons and they are not obliged to tell you which one. I applied to DKB account I got rejected and they never said why (I found it should be my SCHUFA).

Regarding Postbank, a friend of mine saves religiously a funny letter from Postbank. He received a notice his account would be closed and they don't say why because they don't have to and goodbye :) this friend hadn't loads of money in the bank but also wasn't overdrafting/going negative. 

Just my 0.02€

Here are the new instructions how to a Postbank account for your Kaution:

1. go to https://www.postbank.de/privatkunden/mietkautionskonto.html
  2. go to the section "Downloads".
  3. here click on the entry "Auftragsformular", this will download the .pdf application form to your PC.
  4. print out that .pdf file and fill in by hand pages 1, 2, 3, 4 and 11 (last page). The pages in between will either be filled in by the Postbank employee or are meant as a copy for you, of what you filled into that form.
  5. take the whole stack of 11 pages to your local Postbank, take along your passport and your Anmeldebestätigung.

Page 1:

5724e00c2a85a_page1.jpg.e61bf2468d8fe553