RIP Christopher Rubin, son of fraufruit

155 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the right words FF, but I can't find them. 

So glad to see that reading through this thread helps you.

I miss my sister (very long story). She didn't deserve to die so soon. It gives me an inkling of what you are feeling.

Its easy for us to say some soothing words for you @fraufruit and even we might mean nice for you, but the cross you carry is so heavy, that i cannot imagine. I just dont have words to say. 

It really has gotten a bit better with time. I don't cry so often. Still sleep with his t -shirt which brings me comfort. I finally washed it a couple of years ago.

Himself has been my rock.

I have 6 other good friends who have buried kids since then. Also a great support group. 

Anyone who really knows me knows that I am OK and putting one foot in front of the other. Not so many back steps these days.

My very eccentric but sometime wise Japanese teacher put it in a nutshell - children should not pass before their parents. It is so not right, on a deep instinctive level.

My mother (a very difficult woman) already was getting older when my sister passed - it broke her, and she followed a few years later.

7 hours ago, Metall said:

My very eccentric but sometime wise Japanese teacher put it in a nutshell - children should not pass before their parents. It is so not right, on a deep instinctive level.

It's a true thing and I can't think of anything worse than having to bury a child. 

I can never find the right words for people FF, but that you found it inside to forgive the driver shows a strength of character I never want to be in the position to have to find. 

Keanu Reeves once said that grief never leaves you, it just changes shape over time. There is a certain truth to that.

To me, the people we lose never really leave us. They are like things in the house of our life. When they go the house is diminished, it isn't the same, but what they added to it lives on.They may not be there, but we still see their shape, the marks they left on the place, we see and feel the gap as nothing can really fill it. Nothing can fill that gap.

They are not there but still visible, even if only to us.

Fraufruit,

Being a mother myself, it's definitely the unimaginable and these times I bite-my-nails worry when my daughter doing her crazy stuff ALONE like driving across the U.S., trekking thru Egypt and soon to be, dog knows what, the jungle in Peru.
I look up to you for staying strong, gaining support from your TT friends and being so brave to visit Kevin.. Perhaps that also released him in a way too.

You're one helluva trouper my dear, I can't help but often wonder, how I would manage.  Also, that 6 of your friends have lost kids is just amiss...Godspeed.

Thank you for your story... I enjoy reading your posts about Christopher.

2 minutes ago, Alana said:

FF, why does your original post here display a red dislike arrow??

Because you gave her a +1 on that post previously. The forum software allows you to undo that vote by clicking the red arrow. If you haven't upvoted a post, you see a green arrow. After you upvote it, the red arrow appears to let you reverse your decision.

The default state used to be green and red arrows next to each other, followed by the vote count, but the ability to downvote posts (without upvoting them first) was disabled due to past abuse.