RIP Christopher Rubin, son of fraufruit

155 posts in this topic

Even though i dont know you i was truly schocked to read this.Being a father of two i cannot even comprehend how you are feeling.Me i would want the driver alone with me for 15 minutes or be looking for the death penalty.You are one hell of a person to be so strong in a situation like this.I respect you deeply.Do not forget you have all the memories be they good or bad of your son and no one can take them away from you

Fraufruit, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I will hold you and your family in my prayers.

I am with you, sorry to hear that. These are your tough times on earth, may you have all the courage to withstand this.

I am so moved by all of these high-minded, honest, loving comments... and reminded once again of the quality of the TT community and goodness of those posting here. In all of this senseless tragedy and loss (which might be a wake-up call for some of the party die-hards and drunk drivers out there), there is manifold evidence of the great love and support surrounding you, FF. You seem to be enfolded in the kind, caring arms of a great, big TT cyber group hug.

I know this is a very hard time for you. I lost my first child (still have 3 and when they refuse to do their Latin and French homework because they'd rather watch Simpsons or something, I am tempted to forget I actually love them unconditionally)and it took me years to get over that. Parenting is definitely not for the faint of heart. But oh, the rewards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkGzqpGx1KU (moral disclaimer: not a political plug for any military activity).

"...he (Chris) lives in you and me, minute by minute, day by day, but also is present outside us as well. All (he) has said and done has already begun its journey. (He) is persent everywhere." Thich Nhat Hanh 'Love in Action' CR- Stronger than ever.

My condolances fraufruit, no parent should ever have to bury a child. You and your family are in my thoughts.

I've been wanting to write a message here but I've also been waiting for the right words...but something tells me I will never find them. I cannot begin to imagine or comprehend your situation, this tragic accident, the senselessness of it all...but, if it helps in anyway, I just want to remind you that we all all here for you - be it for a coffee or a virtual hug...either way, we are all thinking of you and your family and we are here if you ever need a shoulder, virtual or not...we're here for you.

@fraufruit. Just read your replies. You are soooo strong. Keep it up. If everyone in the world were as strong as you there would be no such thing as drink driving.

I'm so sorry to hear this, fraufruit. I can't imagine how you feel but I admire your courage.

My inbox is open if you want or need it.

FF, this is just heart-wrenching. Thinking of you and your family.

FF, I can only echo Bettina's sentiments. So sorry to hear of your loss.

Dear Fraufruit

Our hearts just ache at this terrible news, our thoughts are with you.

Love Badsis

I add my meagre words to the words of those who wrote before me.

Ivo.

I came here for a quick lurk, and find this.

I hope you & hubby are holding up as well as can be expected.

Hi, I have been away lately, but logged on to see this new topic. What horrible news. Drunk driving is just all out wrong. Alas, we can only prevent some deaths through education. I am so very sorry, fraufruit, and I can only hope that you and your husband find strength from all possible sources to endure this unendurable situation. Wishing you all strength, and the passing of time. Best wishes, MiNi.

So sorry to hear your news. I don't know what to say.

I don't know if any of our recent grief threads help, but perhaps there are small words of comfort in there.

It is my belief that there are degrees of grief. Losing your mum (as I did) is unbearable, losing your partner is even worse. What you have...I cannot imagine. You'll be in my thoughts a while from now...

Fraufruit summed it up so succintly in her post, so truly, so honestly , so lovingly , so this-is-love-and-grief. Two short sentences. No length but so long...

Fraufruit, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts!

In a perfect world, everybody would die of old age.

In a perfect world, nobody would cause another person's premature death, be it by hate, by orders, or by negligence and stupidity (like in this case).

It makes me angry, it makes me sad.

Every time this happens, it makes me both angry and sad. Even if I don't know the person. It's just not right.

Sorry, fraufruit. This shouldn't happen. It does but it shouldn't. :(

Nothing more to say, I don't know you, just wish you all the best.