RIP Christopher Rubin, son of fraufruit

155 posts in this topic

This is such awful news, Fraufruit :( All I can do is send you virtual hugs and positive thoughts your way.

Though I don't know you I just want to say that I am so sorry. When I was a child my younger sister passed away. It was difficult, but it wasn't until I grew up and had 3 beautiful children of my own that I truly began to understand how it must have been for my parents. You and your family are in my prayers and I wish you lots of love and strength and wonderful memories. Take Care of yourself.

Fraufruit, my lord. How immeasurably sad. What an unspeakable loss. I cried for you. I will keep Chris in my prayers along with you and your family. ML

I am deeply saddened to read this, fraufruit. Truly a parent's worst nightmare. May peace be with your family during this difficult time.

Mods: could this possibly be split as its own thread [where 'chat' is allowed]?

We do not know each other, Fraufruit...but my heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

FF, I can only imagine your agony. Your strength will see you through but don't hesitate to draw on us when it fails you.

Hugs, sb

Fraufruit,

having lost two beloved brothers and having seen my parents suffer makes me feel close to you .

I know the following will not help you in the moment, but maybe later: As bad and painful as it is to lose someone we love, it would be even worse if we never have had them. And no one is dead as long as someone remembers him.

Thank you all again and for the PM's.

I lost my sister when I was 16. I'm at my parent's house now. It is painful to look in their faces and know that they know how bad this is, yaknow?

This is the suckiest club in the universe.

a club that no parent wants to join. I couldn't imagine it, let alone deal with it so level-headed as you are dealing with it.

You held your hand out to me when you felt my pain and i shall always remember that, I wish I could in some small part relieve you of your agony but sadly can only say I am your servant should i be able to offer anything.

It may seem little now but i'm sure your son was grateful every day to have such a special lady as his mum.

Fraufruit: I never met my ex-wife´s brother - the same happened to him as to your son. He will still always be my brother-in-law. Your son will always be your son. You will always be and still are his mother. Your pain is yours but we share it. You are strong but many kind and loving people on Toytown will stand by you if you need to share. Bless you and Christopher.

Last Saturday I read an interview with Darin Strauss, a man who has written a memoir about how his driving accident at age 18 led to the death of a 16 year old girl, and how this has affected his life.

It was particularly poignant IMHO because his interviewer had lost her brother in similar circumstances.

I'm posting the link because it may be of interest to some folk.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/26/darin-strauss-car-crash-kira-cochrane

p.s. Fraufruit, that's a wonderful photo of your son, made me smile.