Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Mietobjektnachweis" when viewing apartment

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I went to see one apartment that is for rent and the real state agent handed me a document titled "Mietobjektnachweis" to sign. I asked clearly: what is this document and she said that is only a document that proves that she showed the apartment to me and asked me to sign it. Since my german is not so good I signed the bloody thing. Now I am worried, does anybody knows exactly what that is? (I know I shouldn't have signed if I did not understand so spare me the scorn for being dumb - those were my 5 min of stupidity)

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

It is exactly what she said it is.

Important for her to have as proof of services rendered in case you rent and refuse to pay her commission.

(I know I shouldn't have signed if I did not understand so spare me the scorn for being dumb - those were my 5 min of stupidity)

Not dumb, and no scorn. Next time you face a similar situation try to take along a bilingual (German/English) friend who can help you with any phrases you might not understand.

The Mietobjektnachweis creates a foundation for her later fee claim as a Makler can only claim fees if s/he actively makes you aware of the premises. There is no obligation to rent.

Hello guys,

thanks a lot for your replies. I actually called the Marklerin later, since as I said I was not felling quite right signing that document (BTW, this was the first time somebody handed me this document for signing); and she confirmed what you wrote in your kind replies.

Best Regards

Fign