Beer & Brewing enthusiasts' Homebrewers meeting

821 posts in this topic

Hi

Is it to late to join you tonight?

I am new to Munich and would love to get involved.

If there is still room available please let me know and add me to the list.

Thanks

Scott

Hey there, sorry guys. I just got home from Abensburg quite a bit later than planned and am completely kaput. I'm going to have to give it a pass tonight.

Brewers... when buying brewing ingredients online or elsewhere, please be informed that i have a few malts and hops in mass quantities, and all you have to do is come and get it. it's almost like free beer, and what could be better?

what i have:

Caramalz hell (light Caramel Malt) for nearly all beer styles

Carafa Spezial II (dark roasted de-bittered malt) for dark beers, porters, basically for coloring beers darker.

Hop pellets:

Hallertauer Mittelfrüh

Perle

Citra

PM me for more info.

There's also a guy in town who has a small brewery in his basement, and he orders malt in bulk, and is willing to sell small quantities (1 to 10kg??) for a very reasonable price (cheaper than any internet source)

he usually has:

helles Malz - light lager malt (german standard for light beers)

helles Weizenmalz - light wheat malt

Münchner Malz - dark malt

i think he also has dark wheat malt but i'm not sure.

go to the german website for his tel. number www.richelbräu.de

or PM me and i'll give you the info.

BYOIPA

Hey I have real hops growing in my garden if anyone wants to come and pick them. I charge on the old medieval tithe system of course!

Thanks Jeremy! I would definitely like to add a bit more "local" flavor to my next batch. I would be glad to bring you a small offering of my latest as a deposit and then (according to proper tithing etiquette?) pay you ten percent of the batch which uses your hops! Scheduling PM will follow.

Thanks Jeremy! I would love to add a bit more "local" flavor to my next batch. I would be glad to offer a down payment from my current batch and then (according to proper tithing etiquette) ten percent of the batch using your hops. Scheduling PM to follow.

on the chance that any of you haven't had enough beer in the last week...

Friday, October 1 would be the next possible date for a meetup. just checking the water here to see if anyone still has the liver for it this month. If we get enough feedback, i'd suggest we go to:

Zwingereck

Rumfordstr. 35

S-Bahn Isartor

7:00 PM

Please post if you'd be interested. Otherwise we'll skip it this month.

I'm well up for a meet up! Unfortunately I have no new batch to bring... however, I do have some hops drying that were generously donated by Jeremy from his ample garden. Once they are properly dried and packaged I would be glad to share them with any of you who are interested.

Although, Bob, I think that next Friday is the 30th of September not the 1st of Oct. no?

Either way, my liver is in the best shape of it's dreadful existence and despite the fact that I am no longer on speaking terms with said organ, I am in!

btw, here is a pic of the drying hops. Not sure how big the total harvest will be but I am sure there will be at least a few hundred grams worth.

Anyone having any experience cultivating hops, I would really appreciate any tips!

post-93161-13169682622288.jpg