Beer & Brewing enthusiasts' Homebrewers meeting

821 posts in this topic

I am so stoked to find a beer lovers' forum here. I've been in Munich more or less the last year (moved semi-permanently in March) and can't get enough of the beer here (the little extra curve in my belly attests to it!) and I am keen on trying all the beers Munich and environs has to offer, especially small brews like the coffee stout mentioned earlier in this thread. That said, I also love beer from beyond Bavaria such as the Trappist beers from Belgium and IPA, which is really, really hard to find in Germany. I found a beverage market in Berlin that has 2 different kinds of IPA - but at 4 euros a small bottle (33 oz.) it's a little steep. Geeze, now I am really getting thirsty for one! Happy international IPA day (without IPA for me ;-(() (Thanx MildredPeabody!)

Perhaps we could meet at the Isarfest this Saturday - passing out on the grass down by the river sounds like a noble pursuit, Inkbob!

Best

Trent

So, as we slowly come to the end of another month, it's time to pull that old beer from the cellar, chill it, and sacrifice it to the masses (i.e. bring it to us), in hopes that someone else does the same.

The originators of this meeting had specific reasons to plan it on a friday, but they seem to be no longer in the Town. And since last month a thursday was the most friendly day for everyone, i ask... Is thursday better in general for everyone? Or rather friday? It's simply easier to have a standard day for people to plan for.

And because we never seem to have a flawless experience at Hacker, I would like to move the location semi-permanently to:

Zwingereck

Rumfordstr. 35

S-Bahn Isartor

The Hostess / waitress / manager there is friendly, and knows the ropes with the BYOB scene. She will also give us tasting glasses so we won't have to worry about bring our own.

So please post if you are interested in fridays or thursdays, and i will make the arrangements.

And just another note: another IPA has been bottled down at the Giesinger. Haven't tried it yet, but i'm interested in seeing the progression. It seems that there has been enough interest for these beers that those guys can continue brewing them. Definately a positive sign.

Bob

Bob, I'm up for the new location. And I like Thursdays just as much as Fridays, or any other day for that matter.

Erik

We have not joined ya'll yet but would like to make it soon. Thought I'd mentioned that Dachau (5E mass) and Freising Volksfest is now happening each with their own fest beer. You should plan to try them.

I vote for Friday only because I deal much better on Saturdays with a big 'ol hangover! But If everyone likes Thursday better I'll just have to suck it up.

I have a new batch that will be ready by the end of the month that I plan on sharing!

Change of venue is just fine with me as well!

Cheers,

Tim

Is bribing allowed in this website?

If we meet on 30-31Aug, 01Sep or 02Sep I will bring home-brewed Barley wine and IPA.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Hello all, just moved to Garmisch area with the military and looking forward to get my brew on once my gear gets here in a month or so. Its probably in the posts, and I missed it, but is there a place to get grain/yeast/hops/etc in Munich? Would like to make it to a meeting, Fridays/Sat are best days.

Myself and Martin won't be able to make it this month because of work but happy tasting! See you in September,

Cliodhna

Bribing is always encouraged Ricardo...

So we'll put it to a vote. I think we decided Fridays are good.

Friday Aug. 26? Or Friday Sept. 2?

It seems that some can only make it this week, and others only next week. We'll try to find the best solution.

And if it comes down to when Bueschen's beer is ready, then we have our answer.

Oh man! Too much pressure on my beer! Not really sure it's worth waiting for but yeah, it won't be ready for another couple weeks so...

Also if Ricardo will have some home brew barley wine and IPA. the decision seems like a no brainer!

I vote for the 2nd!

Well if I can put my vote in. This friday has become too busy, but I could make next friday.

very well, Friday, Sept 2nd it is.

but unfortunately Zwingereck has holiday issues (my previous post was premature), so we arranged a different venue for this time. Bueschen will post the details so we know where to be and when.

Okay beer lovers, due to the above mentioned holiday issues, I booked a table for 7pm at the Hüttn Wirt. It's a small restaurant located at the North West corner of Lisztstraße and Richard Strauss Straße. It is a 5 minute walk straight South from the Böhmerwaldplatz stop on the U4 or a 10 minute walk straight North from the Leuchtenbergring stop on the S2,S4,S6 or S8.

Here a link to a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.140278,11.614798&spn=0.010567,0.01929&z=16&vpsrc=6&msa=0&msid=205727824999709826181.0004ab2d47a413eb28ff7

If anyone has any problems finding it you can give me a call on my handy - 0173 768 9737

The owners are quite nice and I have explained what we do and it is no problem, although a small donation of home brew will always go a long way towards making them feel appreciated! No need to bring tasting glasses either.

BTW the food is quite good there as well!

See you all on the 2nd!

home brewers meeting at HW, count me in! Huttenwirt is a great place! Since I've recently moved back to Munich and they don't exactly sell hoppy bier here, I'm looking forward to start brewing some of my own.. so I hope you guys can help me learn how its done!