Beer & Brewing enthusiasts' Homebrewers meeting

821 posts in this topic

haha Hey Bob and all,

Unfortunately Colleen and I will not be able to attend because we're going to Neuhausen for a camping music festival. If any or everyone is down, we would be able to do it next friday (last friday of the month)... let me know.

Josh

i must have still been jetlagged. i totally thought this friday was the "last friday of the month."

next week is fine by me.

but while i'm writing, is anyone interested in a tour of the Bavaria-Bräu brewery? last time we were there, the Brewer (i think his name is Uli) said he might give us a tour if we plan it in advance. i'm sure if enough people are interested, that JOSH might hook that up. not trying to step on your shoes though Josh.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Brewery tour sounds good to me!

To Bob and all. Would you mind sharing your emails. When I travel, it is difficult to respond through the website but I can read the postings and respond to one of you by smartphone. My email is rgf001@gmail.com

Cheers,

Ricardo

Attending list for Friday the 24th @ 7pm @ Hacker Pschorr Bräuhaus.

when we get an idea how many people there are, we can look into the tour. i doubt Uli wants to stay late just to give Ricardo and me the tour.

1. Bob

Attending list for Friday the 24th @ 7pm @ Hacker Pschorr Bräuhaus.

when we get an idea how many people there are, we can look into the tour. i doubt Uli wants to stay late just to give Ricardo and me the tour.

1. Bob

2. Ricardo - sorry but I will need to leave by 8:30 for a B-day. Alternatively, I can do July1st.

OK, due to lack of interest for this week, it seems we should try rather for next friday the 1st.

this suits me fine, because i bottled a beer today that would not be ready tomorrow, but should be ready to try next week.

so, Attending list for the possible Friday, July 1st meetup starts with...

1. Bob

OK, due to lack of interest for this week, it seems we should try rather for next friday the 1st.

this suits me fine, because i bottled a beer today that would not be ready tomorrow, but should be ready to try next week.

so, Attending list for the possible Friday, July 1st meetup starts with...

1. Bob

2. Ricardo

Hi Brewers,

I just stumbled upon this thread and am most intrigued! I'm not a home brewer just yet, it's top on my list after we get fully settled into Munich, but myself and Mr. Peabody are massive beer enthusiasts and would love to tag along to the Hacker Pschorr event if you think you'd be interested in some more potential members. We've just moved to Munich from Dublin, and whilst the beer here is very nice, I do miss ales and stouts and would love to meet with some like minded people. If you think there'd be space for two on the 1st, please let me know!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Mildred.

Hi Mildred,

everyone is welcome, you don't have to be a homebrewer (yet) and this can also be a good place to find used equipment for the first brew.

Normally we were trying to do this on the last Friday of the month, but it doesnt always work out, so this time, we're doing it on the 1st. You may bring a beer to share or two. Last time we had good luck with being allowed to drink our own beers. That being said, we dont want to upset our hosts, so we also make sure to buy a few from them. if we're lucky, they might even have a nice specialty on tap.

i took the liberty of putting you on the list, hope it's ok.

Apparently the kids over at Giesinger Bräu have brewed an IPA, so i will try to get a hold of some of that for Friday. I'm sure Ricardo will be happy to hear that.

Attending:

1.Bob

2.Ricardo

3.Mildred

4.Mr. Peabody

Hi Inkbob,

You've made two beer nuts very happy indeed. I'll have a poke around town and see what I can find beer wise. Just to clarify, this is the Hacker Pschorr BrauHaus in Theresienwiese/hohe?

Really looking forward to meeting you all,

Cliodhna

so.. as is often the problem, Hacker Bräu does not want to let us bring beer, at least not without paying a cork fee.

but the IPA has already been aquired, and it would be a shame to drink it all alone, so i have found an alternative.

Zwingereck

Rumfordstr. 35

S-Bahn Isartor

7:00 PM

so i repeat: the meetup this week is NOT at Hacker Pschorr Bräu.

i will be wearing a Boston Red Sox baseball cap (for euros: it has a big red B in the front) so you can find me.

Bob

Hi guys,

I posted on one of the other brewing threads, asking where to buy brewer's yeast here, but got absolutely no reply as I think mine is still the last post on that thread - can anybody give me a clue where to look and what to look for - I am particularly interested in yeast for making wine, as I have dabbled in it in the past, and want to have another go, but don´t seem to be able to find any "active" ingredient!

Thanks!

i figure you can find any number of different kinds of wine yeast on the internet. for example...

http://www.weinbau24.de/shop/hefe/237-wyeast-weinhefe-4946-zinfandel.html

but if you're looking for a walk-in shop here in Beer Central.. hmmm.. on Viktualienmarkt there is a shop called Samen Schmidt. they used to have a wine cellar section, but i havent been in there forever, and i think they may have discontinued these products.

just start brewing beer, we got all the hook ups for that.

Bob

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say thanks for letting us tag along, we both a great time. Towards the end of the evening we briefly touched upon maybe doing a Sunday trip to a brewery, if anybody would be interested let me know, it would be something myself and Martin would really love to do and company would be much welcomed.

Cliodhna.

a sunday brewery tour... what could be better? count me in. i will take a look around at what might be a nice tour within S-Bahn distance. of course the more the merrier, and then we can make our own schedule. Maybe someone else out there can suggest something?

Hi InkBob,

I just saw this post, otherwise I'd have gotten back sooner. Am off to work now, hurray!, but will look up places this evening. If this heat persists, perhaps luck will be with us and we'll find a brewery with a pool...

Mildred.

Dear All,

I am new here. To introduce myself, i am Thiagu from India living in Hildesheim, near Hannover. I have just came across this forum and really amazed to go through all the posts. In fact i am very much interested to learn and brew beer on my own. I hope this is the right place to get help and information. I am totally new and just know to drink beer as of now, but would like to learn from experts like you guys. I would be leaving germany by end of this month and would like to know, whether or not it is possible to meet and have a know-how session in Munich before that. I can come over there during a weekend. Also, i would like to know, how difficult it is to setup the equipments, getting raw materials and soon. I hope i will get some information. I am desperate to learn because i simplly love beer in Germany. Thank you all in advance.

Hi all,

It's rapidly approaching the end of the month, is another meet up on the agenda? Haven't had much of a chance to look up breweries as have been working my little behind off lately...We were in Hacker Pschorr the other day in Theresienhohe, they seem fairly laid back about leaving the brewery door open, we could always give ourselves a self guided tour ;)

indeed indeed

July 29 will be the last friday of this good month, so for anyone who already knows whether or not he/she can attend, here's a chance to let us know what to plan for.

i will look into Hacker again for this month. last month we had a fallout (again) with those guys. but who starts a homebrew meeting in Bierstadt Munich without expecting a little flack once in a while, right? if Hacker doesn't work out, we already have the goahead for Zwingereck. and she told me she would even give us tasting glasses.

BTW, thanks to Ricardo for bringing those lovely examples of non-germanic brewing expertise last time. you have set the bar high. too high.

and, to anyone who needs help getting started, i have an offer/suggestion. i've recently come across a decent amount of hop pellets of a certain american vareity (thanks James). i'd be willing to donate 50grams of pellets to anyone who agrees to let us try the finished results. (i just brewed 15 Liters of a medium hoppy pale ale using 50grams) i also know a local guy who's willing to sell Malt by the kilo (at a damn good price i must say). more information and hops can be aquired on the 29th.

bob