Beer & Brewing enthusiasts' Homebrewers meeting

821 posts in this topic

We should definately try a few places to compare the Gemütlichkeitsfaktor. but they'll have to be down with the BYOB issue. we can definately look into the Palauner Brauhaus. i can try to drop by there and see if they have a problem with the tastings.

but we should not forget... these are all most likely restaurants. and if we're gonna bring beer, we should support them by also eating a meal. that way they're not only thinking of what we're NOT buying. so of course we should make sure the food doesn't suck, but then we can kick back and enjoy the evening.

for example, there is a similar stammtisch for german homebrewers, (but even non-germans are welcome) and nearly everyone orders a meal (between 10 and 25 guests). the management of the restaurant has no problem with the tastings that take place, because each patron still orders between 2 and 5 beers, and usually a meal. the waitress/owner even brings tiny tasting glasses for the homebrew. of course this is a much bigger group than ours.

i will also try to bring cups for tasting, but in green Munich we should also look into using their glasses if they let us. no trash for them to dispose of for us.

if it ends up happening on sunday the 27th, i can't make it. otherwise no problem.

Hey guys. I originally started this group here before it was moved. I set it up for Fridays so that people like me have a chance attending it ( I am working on weekends). So the next meeting will be Friday 25th 7pm location will be decided later. Hey bob i will contact the paulaner braäuhaus about the tasting.. If everyone would eat a meal It would definitely be positive to get a tasting there.

So let's start the attending list for the 25th..

1.nascar82

I unfortunately have to get up at 4:30 the following morning so I'm afraid I'll have to bow out this time around. Getting up at 6 wasn't much fun last time but doable. Let's keep this going though, I had a lot of fun at the first meeting (and left just in time from the sound of it).

Jeremy and I also won't be able to make it- going to be in Athens! Looking forward to next time, though.

Sounds good, I was just trying to see if there was another time/day that worked for everyone better. See you all Friday

Attending list for the March 25th..

1. nascar82

2. bob

3. Ricardo

4. Josh

5. Colleen

Hi I contacted Paulaner Bräuhaus today. They don´t allow tasting..I will try to contact Bob tomorrow because we need to make a reservation somewhere by tomorrow..Any more suggestions where to go??

I just called the location around the corner. It is a pizzeria named DaMichele. Address: Hartstr. 86 82110 Germering

The Sbahn Stop is Harthaus so that is still ring 4, and only two 2 stripes with a stripecard. The walk from the sbahn station is 8 minutes..

We can use their beergarden so we wouldn´t be watched all the time and can do a little bit of tasting. Can someone bring small glasses??

Please confirm again that you come.

PS: For April I called Hacker Pschorr and it sounds like they would allow tasting. Have to talk to the manager tomorrow again. This month on Friday they have a private party going on

PPS. Finding a location which lets you do hombrewtasting in germany is nearly impossible. That sucks

Howdy, I just managed to change my shift plan around so I will be able to make it tomorrow where ever that may be. I think something a little more central would be better though until we can find someplace a bit more cooperative. I will definitely miss next month's meeting as I will be out of town but I could also a few places if that would help. Maybe we could do a bit of brainstorming tomorrow about potential candidate destinations?

Erik is on the list.

Hi I have really good news. FDrom next month on we can do it at Hacker Pschorr and we are officially allowed to bring beer for tasting. So this time it is a little bit out of the center but still will be great..

Hey there nascar, unfortunately I can't make the meet up tomorrow. However will definitely try to get to the next one. Hope you guys have fun.

Bring it. It will be another short evening for me since I only managed to my shift back to waking up at 6 instead of 4:30 but stoked as always!

we have the table inside now because it won´t be soo warm tomorrow..Hope we can still do a little bit of tasting..(will keep it secret haha) and hacker for next month because they have a private party tomorrow